The Student Room Group

Primark Interview Advice?!

I have an interview at Primark soon for a weekends Retail Operative job. Does anyone who has been to a Primark interview, worked in Primark or worked somewhere else in retail be able to give me some tips/advice for the interview? And tips for if I go on to get the job? Thanks! :biggrin:
I had an interview for a brand new store they are opening in Leeds and needed about 350 people so when I applied I was feeling confident because of how many people they needed.When I went to the interview I found that that over 5,000 people got interviews which naturally scared me a bit because I knew I had to hit it out of the park for them to choose me over everyone else, but I think the nerves helped me a bit.

It was a casual interview based on both personal and competency questions.

The lady was very nice as were most of the interviewees by the looks of it and she first asked me questions like on availability, how far I live, what I want to do in college/sixth form and my future career goals. She them proceeded to ask questions about the Primark itself and how you would fit in into the role. She tested my knowledge a bit, they were't hard questions but I was really glad and relieved that I did my research beforehand because I was able to answer them. Some of the questions were; "What do you like about primark" ,"Describe yourself in 3 words", "Which of your qualities would you think are most important and Primark and how would to show them", "What is good customer experience" ,"How would you change your closest Primark store"

She then went onto asking me 5 competency questions in which she asked me how I would respond to a situation, had given me a scenario and I had to identify the positives and negatives and asked to recall and explain my previous experience that suited the role. They were questions like "Tell me about a time you were a team leader", "How do you deal with an angry customer" , "Tell me when were you last time faced with a problem and how you overcame it"

All in all she seemed very pleasant and interacted with my answers. She then told me all the details and asked me a few more questions about NI Number, references and education.

Exactly a week later I had been sent the email detailing my employment offer and my contract hours and duties, as you can imagine I was very pleased based on how many people have actually applied.

I would say do the research as it does help and is always good to know anyway, have some answers ready for the typical interview questions, dress smart (shirt and tie for boys, smart skirt for girls) try to remember when was the last time you worked in a team or something that relates to the retail op. role and be positive and happy but stay professional.

I suppose not interviews will be the same and by was especially different because it was for a brand new store but I can say that the interview and application process was very swift, enjoyable and professional.

Good Luck :smile:
Reply 2
wow that's great, thank you!! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending