The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

History (100) students

Hi, ive just got into Glasgow on the History (100) course and was hoping to see who else is on the course as well and what they would be thinking of taking as an additional subject along with it?? It would be lovely to get to know the people on my course, thanks, Katie
Reply 1
Hi there, I'm doing History as well! And I don't really know what other subjects we can do as an additional subject but I'm thinking something to do with English or creative writing etc Or Ancient History/Classics!
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by CameronLfc
Hi there, I'm doing History as well! And I don't really know what other subjects we can do as an additional subject but I'm thinking something to do with English or creative writing etc Or Ancient History/Classics!

Hi! oh and congrats on getting your results! Apparently we can choose 2 subjects in first year: 1. a degree in arts eg)philosophy/Hisotry of art orpolitics. 2.In social sciences eg)psychology or (I don't know why its in this category) Scottish history OR 3. sciences eg)maths/ physics or chemistry..... yeah im not scientific so wont be doing the last three :wink: I don't know about you but personally theres too much choice for me im really confused as to what to pick!
Reply 3
Thanks for the information, I definitely won't be doing anything like Maths or anything sciencey! I've seen a lot of people on facebook pages etc saying that they're doing History, seems to be a lot!
Reply 4
Im going to be doing computer science and french, because, you know... history, computer science and french are a perfect mix :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by CameronLfc
Thanks for the information, I definitely won't be doing anything like Maths or anything sciencey! I've seen a lot of people on facebook pages etc saying that they're doing History, seems to be a lot!

Really? wow I haven't really had time to look but it sounds good if its going to be a big-ish subject! Seems quite daunting and exciting at the same time with the amount of people going but I guess it will be good, I just cant wait to find out where my accommodation is so I can actually start interacting with some people so im not coming to Scotland alone!
Reply 6
Original post by Sixbrow
Im going to be doing computer science and french, because, you know... history, computer science and french are a perfect mix :smile:

Wow that's brave of you! I could never hope to try and do French.. or a science but I guess if your good at it, go for it! I guess you could do the history of how the first computer was built in France and then write your paper in French.. that would be rather impressive!
Reply 7
Hey! I'm doing History along with Politics and Economics. Nervous but excited as hell :smile:
Reply 8
Hi, I'm doing History, and I've been offered accommodation at Wolfson Hall, even though it was my sixth option... Quite nervous, because it looks like it's pretty far from the main campus. :s-smilie:
Reply 9
Original post by stuntout
Hey! I'm doing History along with Politics and Economics. Nervous but excited as hell :smile:

Oh I was thinking of doing politics, but im really not sure, I didn't do in A-Level so I don't want to be behind compared to other people on the course!
Reply 10
Original post by katiekatie2020
Oh I was thinking of doing politics, but im really not sure, I didn't do in A-Level so I don't want to be behind compared to other people on the course!

I've read that you don't need prior knowledge for first year. I haven't studied Economics before, and they assured me that I wouldn't be at a disadvantage. Politics will likely be the same :smile:
Original post by stuntout
I've read that you don't need prior knowledge for first year. I haven't studied Economics before, and they assured me that I wouldn't be at a disadvantage. Politics will likely be the same :smile:

Oh brill okay thanks for that, its reassuring, I STILL HAVE NO CLUE WHAT I WANT TO DO THOUGH! do we sign up for it all on fresher's week?
Hey! I got an unconditional for V100 I think I'm gunna take on politics and classics :biggrin: so excited I still haven't heard anything about my accomadation though :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by simonllynch
Hi, I'm doing History, and I've been offered accommodation at Wolfson Hall, even though it was my sixth option... Quite nervous, because it looks like it's pretty far from the main campus. :s-smilie:

****! Really? oh god why? I would dread that! I have applied really late as well :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending