Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello, so I received my AS grades today and am a bit disappointed with my English Literature (AQA) grade for my coursework. Back in May one of my teachers privately told me that she and my other English teacher had given me full marks on my coursework pieces, which amounted to 60/60 and 80 UMS points. I knew they still had to be moderated, but still expected that my UMS would be in the 70s. However today my results slip said I got 62 UMS, and using AQAs converter I found out this amounted to 47/60 raw marks for the coursework. I was a bit shocked as this seemed quite a big drop. Including the English exam I got 154/200 UMS, which was a B, but if I had got what I had been told to expect to it would have been an overall A grade.
    I was just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience or has any advice on where to go from here? Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone at all? Is it possible for coursework to go down by that much in moderation?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing English with OCR and my teacher said my coursework was an A or a B and I got a C I'm going to ask my teacher what happened, I don't know if you can get coursework remarked?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mddub39)
    I'm doing English with OCR and my teacher said my coursework was an A or a B and I got a C I'm going to ask my teacher what happened, I don't know if you can get coursework remarked?
    I know how you feel, it's horrible when you've been told to expect a certain grade and don't achieve it I've been looking this up and apparently it cannot be remarked, it only can be re-moderated, and it costs a bit for the school to do this. I'm going to speak to my teacher too as soon as term starts.

ReputationRep:
    This is the problem with English marking is its never marked the same - my teacher marked mine at a C but it came back a B but a friend went down by two grades ... I think you should get it marked again,unless your close to lower grade boundary you've got nothing to lose and it'll probably change
    yeah you'd have to get it remoderated it costs about £30 I think

ReputationRep:
    It happened to me as well, my teacher told me I had an A and then it turned out as a C. Not impressed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by faultinourstars)
    I know how you feel, it's horrible when you've been told to expect a certain grade and don't achieve it I've been looking this up and apparently it cannot be remarked, it only can be re-moderated, and it costs a bit for the school to do this. I'm going to speak to my teacher too as soon as term starts.
    Yep, I feel let down. I would've added more if he had told me it was a C, I was told it was a good grade so it's really disappointing.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.