Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody got any opinions on either course particularly biotechnology, I have not seen much information about the courses from other students.

I'm really unsure on which course to apply for, I really enjoy the human side of biology and am fascinated in the development of new medicines/treatments so does anybody know which course could suit me better also any information on the difficulty/workload of each course.

I’ve just finished my AS's and going into A2 doing chemistry,biology and
    geography.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, since you enjoy human bio and interested in new treatments I would seriously consider biomed sciences. Careers in medicine and in hospital lab.. It is a very practical subject, work load ain't to bad as long as you are organised. You have case studies, lab reports, essays, tutorial qus ect to get through but depends what uni you are at. Course wise here at uni of Greenwich 1st yr is repeat of as and a2 bio and chemistry. 2nd yr a little repeat of 1st and some new stuff such as immunology, microbiology, pathology and biochemistry. 3rd yr medical microbiology, cancer, immunology in advanced and clinical ways, haematology and blood transfusions..sound interesting to you? But do your research and ask your careers advisors. You already doing biology and chemistry.so get good grades in both of these and you will be fine..soz don't know bout biotech.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.