Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Basically I was meant to get ABBC in my as results, so looked for universities accordingly. I got CDDD in my results. So i was wondering how this affects the universities that I can apply to? Am I in a situation now where I can't apply to ABB uni's, despite reference and predicted grade factors? Could someone please advise as I'm a bit disheartened:mad:. Thanks.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bananag)
    Basically I was meant to get ABBC in my as results, so looked for universities accordingly. I got CDDD in my results. So i was wondering how this affects the universities that I can apply to? Am I in a situation now where I can't apply to ABB uni's, despite reference and predicted grade factors? Could someone please advise as I'm a bit disheartened:mad:. Thanks.
    What subject are you thinking of applying to?

ReputationRep:
    What do you think went wrong? you were obviously predicted those because your teachers thought you were capable. I think perhaps what would be better for you is to resit the year and try and do better so that you have a better chance at being able to apply at those unis that ask for ABB. If u decided to resit I would advise only taking 3 subjects, it will be less pressure.

ReputationRep:
    I got the exact same results as you last year, CDDD, the majority of the offers you'll get will be from low ranked unis so just accept them and try your best to exceed your offers to get a decent uni through adjustment/clearing like I did.

Not gonna like going from CDDD to a good mark will be tough, I never slept before any of my 6 summer exams just so that I could do like 12 hours straight revision before each one (which worked for me since that's how I learn best) So find what works for you and stick to it.

But since there are no more January exams it's gonna be a tougher challenge for you but you'll just have to try your best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolStoryBroo)
    I got the exact same results as you last year, CDDD, the majority of the offers you'll get will be from low ranked unis so just accept them and try your best to exceed your offers to get a decent uni through adjustment/clearing like I did.

Not gonna like going from CDDD to a good mark will be tough, I never slept before any of my 6 summer exams just so that I could do like 12 hours straight revision before each one (which worked for me since that's how I learn best) So find what works for you and stick to it.

But since there are no more January exams it's gonna be a tougher challenge for you but you'll just have to try your best
    I agree, take these results and aim for the highest, do as much revision it takes until it sticks into your head and get great A2 results and go to a good university through adjustment. You can also re-sit some modules if you feel you'll be able to handle it.

ReputationRep:
    I got BCDD, however most of my modules were As and Bs. I was very close in my B subject to an A (2 marks) and close to a B on my C subject (7 marks) and in one of my D subjects I got an A in one module but an E in another. So I'm in a position where I will be re taking 3 or 4 exams, is there any chance I will receive offers from unis asking for AAB/ABB?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penguinsaysquack)
    What subject are you thinking of applying to?
    It would be linguistics or psychology based.

ReputationRep:
    hi guys, got my AS results today. Am extremely disappointed. Was predicted AAAB and came out with CDEE. I take maths, chem, bio and econ. I don't know what to do, I am extremely upset. I am unsure: shall I repeat year 12 again? Or carry on to year 13 and re-sit these exams with my A2 exams? Please help

ReputationRep:
    i'd say carry on and re-sit them with your A2 exams. your results are good compared to mine, and that's what i intend to do

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys I got ABCD really upset as I thought id do better. I want to do law. If I drop the D (Biology) and keep the A(English lit&lang) B (economics) C (History - B in one unit and C in the other) do you think with a prediction of AAB/ABB I'd stand a good chance of going to a good uni? I'm so disheartened pls help

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, obviously I got my results too today and was disappointed with them. I was going to ask, I was predicted AABE, and achieved BCDD.
    Is there any real point in trying to apply for Psychology to unis such as Sheffield, Sussex or Loughborough? Or is the chances of me actually getting an offer extremely low considering my poor AS results? Considering this, I would drop the D and I believe I could resit to bring the D to an A/B.
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I got my AS results as well today, I got AAAE in biology,maths,chemistry and psychology respectively, and was hoping to do medicine at university, how does this affect my chances of getting in, and which universities should I try to apply for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mp2810)
    Hi guys, I got my AS results as well today, I got AAAE in biology,maths,chemistry and psychology respectively, and was hoping to do medicine at university, how does this affect my chances of getting in, and which universities should I try to apply for.
    I believe Psychology has no relevance to Medicine so you should be fine. I definitely think you can get into a good Russell group university.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilzo999)
    I believe Psychology has no relevance to Medicine so you should be fine. I definitely think you can get into a good Russell group university.
    Hi thank you, but I have looked it up and if you want to do medicine universities usually require three A levels ( all at A's or above) and a fourth as-level at a B and I was planning on dropping psychology. And i was also wondering if you knew any good resources to to revise from for the UKCAT.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, bit irrelevant but does anyone know how I can start a thread? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mp2810)
    Hi thank you, but I have looked it up and if you want to do medicine universities usually require three A levels ( all at A's or above) and a fourth as-level at a B and I was planning on dropping psychology. And i was also wondering if you knew any good resources to to revise from for the UKCAT.
    What universities are you wanting to study at?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilzo999)
    What universities are you wanting to study at?
    I haven't actually decided yet, do you have any in mind that will not put as much pressure on the fourth as-level, and I also wanted to ask you, if you have any past experience with applying to medicine, or are applying right now, or are in medical school right now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miasp)
    hi guys, got my AS results today. Am extremely disappointed. Was predicted AAAB and came out with CDEE. I take maths, chem, bio and econ. I don't know what to do, I am extremely upset. I am unsure: shall I repeat year 12 again? Or carry on to year 13 and re-sit these exams with my A2 exams? Please help
    That depends on if you're willing to repeat or not. I would tell you to carry on to year 13, and don't bother retaking. In year 13 , if you work hard, then you can make up for these results and end up with As and Bs. If you can't manage that but still get good results, then you can take a gap year and do retakes then.
    ( the difference is that in a gap year, you can study in your own time and get work experience and so forth, rather than having to go to school for another year)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ItsJustMe17)
    Hey guys I got ABCD really upset as I thought id do better. I want to do law. If I drop the D (Biology) and keep the A(English lit&lang) B (economics) C (History - B in one unit and C in the other) do you think with a prediction of AAB/ABB I'd stand a good chance of going to a good uni? I'm so disheartened pls help
    Don't be disheartened!! I got ABBD, I re-sat some of the modules and changed my D to a A just by one exam! I got an offer from Lancaster for AAA and I got ABB with A* in extended project and still got in to do geography! You have a great chance of going to a good uni just be clever about the exams you re-sit so you don't re-sit loads but can still make a difference! Please don't be disheartened - you've got a great chance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grass-snake)
    Hey guys, obviously I got my results too today and was disappointed with them. I was going to ask, I was predicted AABE, and achieved BCDD.
    Is there any real point in trying to apply for Psychology to unis such as Sheffield, Sussex or Loughborough? Or is the chances of me actually getting an offer extremely low considering my poor AS results? Considering this, I would drop the D and I believe I could resit to bring the D to an A/B.
    Thanks.
    I got ABBD and I re-sat the D to make it an A and then this year got ABB with an A* in extended project as well and got into Lancaster who gave me an AAA offer! There's plenty of chance you'll get into a good uni to do psychology! Don't worry!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.