Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So for Unit 2 PHYA2 after the exam i actually thought that i did pretty well with 87% atleast. I used the unofficial markscheme and did a range with marking myself harshly and then marking myself not so harshly.

I got 61 being the least and 66 being the most out of 70 marks.

I dont know how i failed so badly?
    Im thinking of obtaining my paper and looking for myself, but until then any suggestion as to why i failed?

I ended up with 78%

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you overestimated how well it went, or else everyone did unreal in the exam in that cas your mark may go down from like 85 to 78

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ratvi)
    Maybe you overestimated how well it went, or else everyone did unreal in the exam in that cas your mark may go down from like 85 to 78
    Everyone did worse than me.

ReputationRep:
    Well if thats the case i would seriousley recommend a re mark, and if it doesnt go up then ask for it back, and if that doesnt work and you need around 87 in that exam repeat

ReputationRep:
    Had the same kind of issue but with my math exams - looked into the unofficial markscheme, was really happy expecting around 80-90 UMS but only ended up scraping a B which was 71 UMS.

Seriously not sure how this happened, either way im going for a remark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SupremeNunchucks)
    Had the same kind of issue but with my math exams - looked into the unofficial markscheme, was really happy expecting around 80-90 UMS but only ended up scraping a B which was 71 UMS.

Seriously not sure how this happened, either way im going for a remark
    How successful are remarks, i mean successful as in the mark/ums actually changing not whether it goes up or down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D12)
    How successful are remarks, i mean successful as in the mark/ums actually changing not whether it goes up or down.
    Not sure about that, im planning to get a copy of the paper first, then if im certain ill get a remark, if not i might as well resit another module which i really failed to boost up my ums.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SupremeNunchucks)
    Not sure about that, im planning to get a copy of the paper first, then if im certain ill get a remark, if not i might as well resit another module which i really failed to boost up my ums.
    Ahh ok, what do you study?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.