Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Healthcare Science then Graduate Entry Medicine? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering if it's possible to do BSc Healthcare Science (Physiological Sciences) and then do graduate entry medicine?
    I know that this is possible with Biomedical science,and I was just told that St George's University of London does it too,which is where I'm going,but I just wanted to confirm..

Any advice??

ReputationRep:
    I'm wondering the exact same thing! would really love to know the answer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LtNoddy)
    I'm wondering the exact same thing! would really love to know the answer
    Are you gonna be doing Healthcare Science too?
    If yes,what uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Varsh05)
    Are you gonna be doing Healthcare Science too?
    If yes,what uni?
    Have an interview with St George's tomorrow which I am hoping goes well, but I will try and get a place in Biomedical Sciences if possible!

ReputationRep:
    Have an interview with St George's tomorrow which I am hoping goes well, but I will try and get a place in Biomedical Sciences if possible!
    Have you just finished your A2??
    Yay! I got rejected for Biomedical Science at SGUL (it was my firm) so they offered me Healthcare Science

ReputationRep:
    Have you just finished your A2??
    Yay! I got rejected for Biomedical Science at SGUL (it was my firm) so they offered me Healthcare Science
    Yup!! Grades werent amazing so sadly I missed my Med offer and I was offered this too. Same deal goes with a friend of mine!!

ReputationRep:
    Yup!! Grades werent amazing so sadly I missed my Med offer and I was offered this too. Same deal goes with a friend of mine!!
    Aw yh we're on the same boat then
    Do you know if we're allowed to retake any modules whilst we're doing the degree?
    I really want to improve my chem grade
    What are your offers atm?

ReputationRep:
    Aw yh we're on the same boat then
    Do you know if we're allowed to retake any modules whilst we're doing the degree?
    I really want to improve my chem grade
    What are your offers atm?
    Atm, I have nothing but the interview! I dont see the point of resitting any A-Level modules, i'd rather go through a Degree and concentrate on trying to get a 1st in that, but I guess if you wanted to you could do the exams in private?

ReputationRep:
    Atm, I have nothing but the interview! I dont see the point of resitting any A-Level modules, i'd rather go through a Degree and concentrate on trying to get a 1st in that, but I guess if you wanted to you could do the exams in private?
    Aah ok..I think the Biomed seats are full though but last year it went through clearing,which is why loads of people with poor grades still got in..
    I have my insurance too(Biomed at Westminster) but SGUL is easier for me
    Does our seat depend on this interview though,do you know? Or is it just a formality?

ReputationRep:
    Aah ok..I think the Biomed seats are full though but last year it went through clearing,which is why loads of people with poor grades still got in..
    I have my insurance too(Biomed at Westminster) but SGUL is easier for me
    Does our seat depend on this interview though,do you know? Or is it just a formality?
    I think our seats do depend on it! and I'm sticking with SGUL as i absolutely love the Uni!

ReputationRep:
    I think our seats do depend on it! and I'm sticking with SGUL as i absolutely love the Uni!
    I fell in love at first sight!
    I'm gonna call them and ask tomorrow..When did you book yours? Today?

ReputationRep:
    I fell in love at first sight!
    I'm gonna call them and ask tomorrow..When did you book yours? Today?
    Tomorrow at 11! Since it takes me 1hr 30mins to get there even though I'm in London, I'll give em a ring at 8.30 when the lines open! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Tomorrow at 11! Since it takes me 1hr 30mins to get there even though I'm in London, I'll give em a ring at 8.30 when the lines open! :cool:
    Don't they open at 9?
    Best of Luck;are you ready for this?

ReputationRep:
    Don't they open at 9?
    Best of Luck;are you ready for this?
    SGUL hub opens: Friday 16 August:
    8.30am – 6pm

So not ready for this LOL! I'm really nervous for once, really need this!

ReputationRep:
    SGUL hub opens: Friday 16 August:
    8.30am – 6pm

So not ready for this LOL! I'm really nervous for once, really need this!
    Did you consider Biomed at SGUL though?
    And thanks I need to call them tomorrow and book my interview

ReputationRep:
    Did you consider Biomed at SGUL though?
    And thanks I need to call them tomorrow and book my interview
    I was considering it before but wasnt sure if I should go for it and after some replies on another thread I made I've decided I should go for the Biomed, but this happened after I accepted an interview for Healthcare Sci and after the lines closed

ReputationRep:
    I was considering it before but wasnt sure if I should go for it and after some replies on another thread I made I've decided I should go for the Biomed, but this happened after I accepted an interview for Healthcare Sci and after the lines closed
    Did you just reply to the email they sent you,saying you want to accept the course? Then booked your interview?
    Yeah but you won't be at a disadvantage just because you're doing Healthcare Science
    When I called them today,a medic spoke to me and she said you can do GEM after healthcare science..they'll also consider the fact that you went to SGUL

ReputationRep:
    Did you just reply to the email they sent you,saying you want to accept the course? Then booked your interview?
    Yeah but you won't be at a disadvantage just because you're doing Healthcare Science
    When I called them today,a medic spoke to me and she said you can do GEM after healthcare science..they'll also consider the fact that you went to SGUL
    I was sent an email telling me to call a number and book my interview which I did asap and that was all! Tbh, I'm more attracted to doing the Healthcare Science route as we'd be getting LOADS of in-hospital experience with patients, especially since we're doing physiology and I think that would help a lot more when applying for GEM?

When is your interview?

ReputationRep:
    I was sent an email telling me to call a number and book my interview which I did asap and that was all! Tbh, I'm more attracted to doing the Healthcare Science route as we'd be getting LOADS of in-hospital experience with patients, especially since we're doing physiology and I think that would help a lot more when applying for GEM?

When is your interview?
    The entire day was spent in discussing with friends,family etc
    Coz I also have an offer for Biomed at Westminster..so I didn't know what to do really..but now I think I'm gonna go for Healthcare Science.
    I'm gonna book my interview tomorrow.

They do a lot of clinical stuff which is beneficial and I think as long as you get a 2:1,they should consider you and SGUL is the ideal place where you'd get to speak to consultants and professionals about what your next step should be,that's what I think
    Do we need to know about the cardio equipment etc for the interview though?

ReputationRep:
    The entire day was spent in discussing with friends,family etc
    Coz I also have an offer for Biomed at Westminster..so I didn't know what to do really..but now I think I'm gonna go for Healthcare Science.
    I'm gonna book my interview tomorrow.

They do a lot of clinical stuff which is beneficial and I think as long as you get a 2:1,they should consider you and SGUL is the ideal place where you'd get to speak to consultants and professionals about what your next step should be,that's what I think
    Do we need to know about the cardio equipment etc for the interview though?
    Nope, just basic AS Bio from what other applicants have said! and use this pdf file to help with the interview!
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf bsc-healthcare-science-interview-procedure.pdf (44.0 KB, 434 views)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.