GNVQ ict Watch

This discussion is closed.
mlongfield
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
i need help with my GNVQ ict unit 2 courswork!!! can any one help????
loppy_lou
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mlongfield)
i need help with my GNVQ ict unit 2 courswork!!! can any one help????
What do you want help on? Tell me what you got to do and i'll try.
I did IGNVQ ICT so i could help
mlongfield
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
i'm stuck on the database side like queries n reports and need to know what you do screen dumps of?
loppy_lou
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mlongfield)
i'm stuck on the database side like queries n reports and need to know what you do screen dumps of?

Well you have to screendump the queries in design view and then a screenshot of the result once you have run it.

For the reports you will need to screenshot them in design view and also in print preview. Also you have to print some finished reports out.

If you wanna geta gud mark/grade for it then do as many screenshots as you can and explain in detail what you did.

If you want any more help, either reply on here or Private msg.
I did really well in the GNVQ and now im doing the AVCE ICT so i know my stuff.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Just out of interest how well are you doing in your AVCE?
loppy_lou
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
Just out of interest how well are you doing in your AVCE?

Im doing really well. The teachers seem to be happy with me. I work really hard and achieve good work.

Are you doing the AVCE ICT?
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by loppy_lou)
Im doing really well. The teachers seem to be happy with me. I work really hard and achieve good work.

Are you doing the AVCE ICT?
Good keep that up. If you put the work in you will achieve good grades and get a good sense of satisfaction in it like I did. Its nice to see people doing the AVCE who actually put a lot of effort in for a change instead of expecting everything to be done for them.
loppy_lou
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Good keep that up. If you put the work in you will achieve good grades and get a good sense of satisfaction in it like I did. Its nice to see people doing the AVCE who actually put a lot of effort in for a change instead of expecting everything to be done for them.

Well if you wanna get far in life, you gotta work hard for it. Im planning to do the HND after i finished next year.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well if you wanna get far in life, you gotta work hard for it. Im planning to do the HND after i finished next year.
Have you not thought of doing a degree? If you manage to get an AB or even BB in your AVCE you will be capable of doing a degree. Especialy as the average pass grade for the AVCE is a EU.
SHANDY
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
What is the difference in doing GNVQ IT than normal?
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by SHANDY)
What do you mean?
happysunshine
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
GNVQ ICT is worth 4 GCSEs and GCSE ICT can be worth either half a GCSE or a full one.
loppy_lou
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Have you not thought of doing a degree? If you manage to get an AB or even BB in your AVCE you will be capable of doing a degree. Especialy as the average pass grade for the AVCE is a EU.

I rather do the HND and then go and top it up with a year at uni which will be the degree. All depends on how well i do.

I dont really fancy going to uni at a young age. The college i got 2 does the HND and my tutor said it would be a good idea.
loppy_lou
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by happysunshine)
GNVQ ICT is worth 4 GCSEs and GCSE ICT can be worth either half a GCSE or a full one.
The IGNVQ is worth 4 GCSES and the FGNVQ is worth 2
SHANDY
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
What do you mean?
What are the benefits.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
What are the benefits.
GNVQ Intermediate is probably easier than doing 4 seperate GCSEs (A*-C) but is perfectly valid alongside GCSEs. You can use this to do AVCE but not always A levels. However may old college now wants people to have GCSEs (3 C's or 5 C's without GNVQ) as well as intermediate to do the AVCE course.

GNVQ ICT is probably more relavent than GCSE ICT which is now quite outdated.
loppy_lou
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
GNVQ Intermediate is probably easier than doing 4 seperate GCSEs (A*-C) but is perfectly valid alongside GCSEs. You can use this to do AVCE but not always A levels. However may old college now wants people to have GCSEs (3 C's or 5 C's without GNVQ) as well as intermediate to do the AVCE course.

GNVQ ICT is probably more relavent than GCSE ICT which is now quite outdated.
Yeh thats true. But when I went to enrol for the AVCE I had the IGNVQ and then i also had to have my 5 C's, even thou i got a Pass in my GNVQ.

Im only doing the AVCE cos i dont think i wouldnt cope with doing any other courses. Im glad now that i made that choice.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'm not sure, I've seen my sister A level Computing sylabus and to me it dosn't seem much harder than the content of the AVCE (The AVCE had a lot more content but then it is two A levels and not one).

I guess it depends which modules you do on the AVCE this what makes it mickey mouse or respactable.

I remember the programming module on the AVCE being quite hard as he had to do Java. Not many Level 3 courses let you so Java its always pascal and crap like that.
loppy_lou
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'm not sure, I've seen my sister A level Computing sylabus and to me it dosn't seem much harder than the content of the AVCE (The AVCE had a lot more content but then it is two A levels and not one).

I guess it depends which modules you do on the AVCE this what makes it mickey mouse or respactable.

I remember the programming module on the AVCE being quite hard as he had to do Java. Not many Level 3 courses let you so Java its always pascal and crap like that.

What do you mean?
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
What do you mean?
I miss read you I think sorry. I thought you were saying you only did AVCE as you didn't think you could cope with A levels. I have since re-read it that you didn't think you would be able to cope with anything else on top of the AVCE.
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (203)
12.7%
Excited (139)
8.69%
Worried (291)
18.2%
Terrified (363)
22.7%
Meh (143)
8.94%
Confused (35)
2.19%
Putting on a brave face (221)
13.82%
Impatient (204)
12.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise