This discussion is closed.
loppy_lou
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
I miss read you I think sorry. I thought you were saying you only did AVCE as you didn't think you could cope with A levels. I have since re-read it that you didn't think you would be able to cope with anything else on top of the AVCE.

Thats kool. I was going to do A levels, but my personal tutor adviced me not to as she said i may not have been able to cope.
I want to do extra along side my AVCE but not sure if I should or not.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by loppy_lou)
Thats kool. I was going to do A levels, but my personal tutor adviced me not to as she said i may not have been able to cope.
I want to do extra along side my AVCE but not sure if I should or not.
I would say go for it, I was told I would not be able to cope with A levels too because of my weak GCSEs (I went to a really crap school and also had personal problems at the time) however I still got AB in my AVCE and a B in Business Studies, I am also doing well on my degree course.

If you're getting good grades on your AVCE and the exams you will do fine doing an AS.
loppy_lou
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
I would say go for it, I was told I would not be able to cope with A levels too because of my weak GCSEs (I went to a really crap school and also had personal problems at the time) however I still got AB in my AVCE and a B in Business Studies, I am also doing well on my degree course.

If you're getting good grades on your AVCE and the exams you will do fine doing an AS.

I wanted to do Business Studies, but wasnt allowed on the course. I havent got very good GCSE's and the main GCSE that they wanted me 2 have was maths and because I was predicted a E at the time i enrolled in college they said i couldnt do it. So i think thats what stoped me going on to do A or AS Levels
mlongfield
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
thank you for the help, i'v compleated the unit and now on unit 6! thanx
i'm actually ahead for once! thanx alot myles
loppy_lou
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by mlongfield)
thank you for the help, i'v compleated the unit and now on unit 6! thanx
i'm actually ahead for once! thanx alot myles

thats kool. Anytime.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (310)
34.41%
No (591)
65.59%

Watched Threads