Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!

Go easy on me haha because this is my first ever post

Basically, Im a 2nd year student studying Journalism at Bangor university

Passed 1st year fine, but during 2nd term of 2nd year, i became really ill and ended up missing 4 months off uni

This led to me doing 11,000 words of resits which are due in at 12pm tomorrow and I haven't done any of them, because deep down im so depressed being a bangor university I really want to just quit

if i dont send these resits in, I have to re-sit my 2nd year again

But my friends suggested instead of resitting it at Bangor where I am unhappy, she suggested transferring to Leeds Met (where she is) and therefore, I could continue as a 2nd year and be more happy.

Can anyone help me with this? Do I just re-sit at Bangor and be unhappy, or try and get in elsewhere? How would I go about this? Because I'm transferring as a 1st going into 2nd year? Can anyone help me as Im literally in tears trying to figure out what to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by braddfarny)
    Hi everyone!

Go easy on me haha because this is my first ever post

Basically, Im a 2nd year student studying Journalism at Bangor university

Passed 1st year fine, but during 2nd term of 2nd year, i became really ill and ended up missing 4 months off uni

This led to me doing 11,000 words of resits which are due in at 12pm tomorrow and I haven't done any of them, because deep down im so depressed being a bangor university I really want to just quit

if i dont send these resits in, I have to re-sit my 2nd year again

But my friends suggested instead of resitting it at Bangor where I am unhappy, she suggested transferring to Leeds Met (where she is) and therefore, I could continue as a 2nd year and be more happy.

Can anyone help me with this? Do I just re-sit at Bangor and be unhappy, or try and get in elsewhere? How would I go about this? Because I'm transferring as a 1st going into 2nd year? Can anyone help me as Im literally in tears trying to figure out what to do
    Only the universities in question can answer you about the transfer, I'm afraid. Leeds Met may not be happy about taking on a failed student without evidence that you will succeed there. I'm sorry for your situation. I'd suggest talking to your personal tutor to get some perspective.
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    It's really not worth getting this upset over. If it's making you this unhappy, you should definately leave Bangor.

You need to speak to any university you want to transder to and ask if they will accept you into second year. They may not have space for you to do this, or be willing to accept credits from another university. However, they may be happy to accept you. You should try and do this ASAP, as you will need to sort out some accomadation etc for september. I think the first step would be to ring the admissions department of Leeds Met, or anywhere else you might want to transfer to. However- it's a really busy time at the moment due to clearing, so be patient. Ask them if this is something they would consider or not, and how you would go about it- at least then you will know where you stand.

It may be too late to organise this for this year, but it might be possible to organise it next year. Would that be something you would consider?

ReputationRep:
    Go speak to your personal supervisor or your course leader, explain that you are unhappy after being off for 4 months and realised that the university is not for you.

My friend was a second year on a course which he became really unhappy with. After his 2nd year he moved to a different university as a 2nd year again and continued

Different universities may be different but you need to go speak to someone in your university and if you decide to leave

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.