Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to style your hair if you have a cowlick? Watch

ReputationRep:
    What are some good ways to style your hair when you have a cowlick?

ReputationRep:
    I usually work against mine, like flick it the other way, then hairspray..but I have long hair so more weight to hold it

You could try a 1/2 inch straightner then maybe some shaping putty/wax

ReputationRep:
    I just try and make sure my hair isn't flat. If you have volumes/wavy/curly hair the cowlick becomes barely noticeable

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Medium length fringe to weigh it down and sometimes a bit of hairspray or something to stick it in place if it's in an awkward mood or no fringe (super short hair) or some kind of gelled up quiffy look.

Short back and sides with a shortish cut on top to which I comb over to cover it

If I fancy a change I get the hair straighteners out and straighten that ***** out in order to style it in any way I can as once done the options are limitless.

ReputationRep:
      Just comb your hair to hide the cowlick. It is as simple as that.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 11, 2014
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.