Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I am an international student and I've been thinking of transferring to LSE. I want to know if it has happened in the past. I just know about this student from Cambridge who was able to transfer successfully...

ReputationRep:
    Rarely happens

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your reply! Should I give it a shot then? I meet the conditions for BSc Economics and Economic History and I am studying BSc Econ and Math at my current university. What would make me a strong applicant provided there is space available? I am currently doing an internship at a bank and have participated in MUNs and I have a good high school and college transcript.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arian93)
    Thanks for your reply! Should I give it a shot then? I meet the conditions for BSc Economics and Economic History and I am studying BSc Econ and Math at my current university. What would make me a strong applicant provided there is space available? I am currently doing an internship at a bank and have participated in MUNs and I have a good high school and college transcript.
    What's your current university?

ReputationRep:
    There is no real transfer system in the UK

ReputationRep:
    I am from Pakistan. I've contacted the LSE and they told me transfer rarely happens due to high retention rates and course mismatch etc...but they asked me to apply through UCAS and indicate on the application that I'll be applying for an entry to the second year. So I guess there is a chance however minute it may be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CEKTOP)
    What's your current university?
    Any opinion?

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I am an international student and I've been thinking of transferring to LSE. I want to know if it has happened in the past. I just know about this student from Cambridge who was able to transfer successfully...
    Did you have any luck in the end?

I assume the Cambridge student you're referring to is Jan?

http://www.linkedin.com/in/jansramek

If so, he's a self-evidently exceptional situation - and did hold an offer from LSE before entering Cambridge.

I think they would only consider it if 1) You previously held an offer for the course/related course 2) Are exceptional - awards, scholarships and incredibly reference from a tutor with connections to the School 3) Were doing your undergrad at somewhere comparable - UCL, Cambridge, Ivies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jack_twice)
    Did you have any luck in the end?

I assume the Cambridge student you're referring to is Jan?

http://www.linkedin.com/in/jansramek

If so, he's a self-evidently exceptional situation - and did hold an offer from LSE before entering Cambridge.

I think they would only consider it if 1) You previously held an offer for the course/related course 2) Are exceptional - awards, scholarships and incredibly reference from a tutor with connections to the School 3) Were doing your undergrad at somewhere comparable - UCL, Cambridge, Ivies.
    Didnt apply to LSE as a transfer, as you they consider only exceptional cases. I have however applied as a first year student so waiting for my decision now.

ReputationRep:
    Didnt apply to LSE as a transfer, as you they consider only exceptional cases. I have however applied as a first year student so waiting for my decision now.
    Cool - good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jack_twice)
    Cool - good luck.
    Thanks!

If you don't mind me asking, are you an LSE student or an applicant?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.