Arian93
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey! I am an international student and I've been thinking of transferring to LSE. I want to know if it has happened in the past. I just know about this student from Cambridge who was able to transfer successfully...
CEKTOP
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Rarely happens
Arian93
Rep:
?
Thanks for your reply! Should I give it a shot then? I meet the conditions for BSc Economics and Economic History and I am studying BSc Econ and Math at my current university. What would make me a strong applicant provided there is space available? I am currently doing an internship at a bank and have participated in MUNs and I have a good high school and college transcript.
CEKTOP
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Arian93)
Thanks for your reply! Should I give it a shot then? I meet the conditions for BSc Economics and Economic History and I am studying BSc Econ and Math at my current university. What would make me a strong applicant provided there is space available? I am currently doing an internship at a bank and have participated in MUNs and I have a good high school and college transcript.
What's your current university?
Azarimanka
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
There is no real transfer system in the UK
Arian93
Rep:
?
I am from Pakistan. I've contacted the LSE and they told me transfer rarely happens due to high retention rates and course mismatch etc...but they asked me to apply through UCAS and indicate on the application that I'll be applying for an entry to the second year. So I guess there is a chance however minute it may be?
Arian93
Rep:
?
(Original post by CEKTOP)
What's your current university?
Any opinion?
jack_twice
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey! I am an international student and I've been thinking of transferring to LSE. I want to know if it has happened in the past. I just know about this student from Cambridge who was able to transfer successfully...
Did you have any luck in the end?

I assume the Cambridge student you're referring to is Jan?

http://www.linkedin.com/in/jansramek

If so, he's a self-evidently exceptional situation - and did hold an offer from LSE before entering Cambridge.

I think they would only consider it if 1) You previously held an offer for the course/related course 2) Are exceptional - awards, scholarships and incredibly reference from a tutor with connections to the School 3) Were doing your undergrad at somewhere comparable - UCL, Cambridge, Ivies.
Arian93
Rep:
?
(Original post by jack_twice)
Did you have any luck in the end?

I assume the Cambridge student you're referring to is Jan?

http://www.linkedin.com/in/jansramek

If so, he's a self-evidently exceptional situation - and did hold an offer from LSE before entering Cambridge.

I think they would only consider it if 1) You previously held an offer for the course/related course 2) Are exceptional - awards, scholarships and incredibly reference from a tutor with connections to the School 3) Were doing your undergrad at somewhere comparable - UCL, Cambridge, Ivies.
Didnt apply to LSE as a transfer, as you they consider only exceptional cases. I have however applied as a first year student so waiting for my decision now.
jack_twice
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Didnt apply to LSE as a transfer, as you they consider only exceptional cases. I have however applied as a first year student so waiting for my decision now.
Cool - good luck.
Arian93
Rep:
?
(Original post by jack_twice)
Cool - good luck.
Thanks!

If you don't mind me asking, are you an LSE student or an applicant?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (194)
38.96%
Take autumn exams (153)
30.72%
Look for a job (17)
3.41%
Consider an apprenticeship (21)
4.22%
Take a year out (85)
17.07%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (28)
5.62%

Watched Threads