So I got my results today, ABBC. The course I want to do at uni requires AAB. I got 140 ums (B borderline) in both the B grade subjects. I got a C in maths, but I got a B in 2 units and a D in the other which dropped me down to a C overall, 15 ums off a B. So my question is, can I achieve AAB with these results and should I carry on with my B grades or resit maths as I know I can do better?
Posted from TSR Mobile
AS results help - what now? Watch
- Thread Starter
- 15-08-2013 21:44
- 15-08-2013 22:01
Yes you can achieve AAB. I would resit some modules to bump your UMS up though. Due to the nature of the A*, continuing the subjects you got a borderline B on without resitting means you either get an A* overall or drop down straight to a B or less (unless you're on CIE or something).
As for maths, you have to consider a few things:
Last edited by Exon; 15-08-2013 at 22:04.
- Do you need it for your course?
- Will it give you an advantage when applying to universities?
- Are you willing to work hard to raise your grades?
- Do you think you can do well?
- Are you willing to resit? (If you do take it, you should definitely resit that D and possibly one or both of the B's since it doesn't get easier at A2)
- Do you enjoy it? (relative to your other subjects)