Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Oscar Pistorius/Reeva Steenkamp Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey, so I don't know if anyone else is watching the documentary about OP and RS on Channel 5 right now, but it's pretty interesting. RS' parents have shown pictures painted by RS when she was young which eerily mimic the events that happened surrounding her death. While it's easy to say that the pictures are faked, I don't believe her parents would do that.

OP is due to stand trial on Monday, which is probably why this documentary is being aired now.

Any thoughts on the whole situation?

ReputationRep:
    Really? No-one? One of the biggest news stories of the year...

ReputationRep:
    Ooh sounds interesting, I might catch it on the internet later...

https://twitter.com/reevasteenkamp >> Her twitter. It's weird looking at her twitter, like how it just stops all of a sudden... Idk how to explain it

ReputationRep:
    It's called something like 'Why did Oscar Pistorius kill'

Where are these paintings?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by skotch)
      Really? No-one? One of the biggest news stories of the year...
      It is a pretty big, shocking story. This event, to the South Africans, is of a similar gravitas to what would happen if David Beckham killed Victoria.

Not that it's only South Africans that find it shocking but at a national scale so to speak.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Ham22)
      Where are these paintings?
      They were in the show. I don't know if channel 5 has an iplayer type of thing, but if you can watch it, do!

One painting was done at 14 and depicted reeva as an angel standing in a field next to a ladder up to the sky, whilst a shadowy gunman stands in the background.

The other painting depicts a girl curled up in the corner of a room, naked and with her head in her hands, which is apparently very similar to how reeva was sitting when she died.

it's all a little bit spooky!

ReputationRep:
      Bumpety Bump. There's another show about the trial on tonight about key questions in the trial. Just thought I'd let people know. Again, I think it's on channel 5.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 16, 2013
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.