Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I keep trying to activate my account but whenever I try to log in, but it says "There was a problem accessing the site. Try to browse to the site again.If the problem persists, contact the administrator of this site and provide the reference number to identify the problem." The FAQ means that the password or username has been inputted incorrectly, but I did put them in correctly so I don't understand.

Anyone else having trouble getting their student email? Anyone managed to get into their student email?

ReputationRep:
    That's happened to me a few times, usually if I retry to access it it will work.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PizzaClaus)
    That's happened to me a few times, usually if I retry to access it it will work.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've been trig for a few hours but it's not working and I can't find a helpline or anything. If it does;t activate by the time I move to Edinburgh I'll go to one of the uni buildings and see if they can help. Thanks anyway!

ReputationRep:
    Outlook has been having problems today & yesterday, which could be it. I've managed to get in to one of my outlook accounts today, but not my uni one, so I don't think it's something related to the fact that you guys are new.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daeonica)
    Outlook has been having problems today & yesterday, which could be it. I've managed to get in to one of my outlook accounts today, but not my uni one, so I don't think it's something related to the fact that you guys are new.

I'm rather glad to hear it's happening across the board instead of just freshers or just me. I'll keep trying and hoping for the best. Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    If you go on my ed in the news bit it says there's a technical fault or something, whole system is down so don't worry everyone can't access it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    People can be so impatient! The Facebook group is filled with people constantly bickering about the network being down, or when they will receive accommodation offers as well as matriculation forms. Yoda would not be pleased with a group as such, patience is a virtue, it'll all be alright and done soon enough, so don't worry.

ReputationRep:
    The mail thing is apparently fixed, however I still cannot login and keep getting the following message:
    A mailbox couldn't be found for S-1-5-21-2181281649-139175696-*****************. If the problem continues, contact your helpdesk

Anyone else getting the same?

ReputationRep:
    Mine was acting up but it seems ok now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EP95)
    The mail thing is apparently fixed, however I still cannot login and keep getting the following message:
    A mailbox couldn't be found for S-1-5-21-2181281649-139175696-*****************. If the problem continues, contact your helpdesk

Anyone else getting the same?
    Yeah, Mine is the same: anyone know how to fix this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by String.)
    Yeah, Mine is the same: anyone know how to fix this?

I've got to this point too, I can't seem to find a number to contact them either. No idea what to do!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leah_morgan)
    I've got to this point too, I can't seem to find a number to contact them either. No idea what to do!
    Working now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by String.)
    Working now
    Mine too!

ReputationRep:
    mine worked ok, theres a note up saying that there are issues though, so this is unsurprising. anyways, ur email will be ur student number @sms.ed.ac.uk

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.