The Student Room Group

Adjustment

Hi all

I exceeded my firm's offer for Politics with International Relations at Aston of ABB by getting AAB + A in the Extended Project. This made me think about Adjustment, as I could instead go to an AAB uni. I've spoken to Surrey and Nottingham today with varying success as they were the first two which popped into my head, with Surrey having no places and Nottingham saying they have places. Is there an easy way to find vacancies, or does it rely on me phoning all of the AAB universities to see what is around? Also, should I just settle for Aston? Is throwing away the familiarity I have with it from open days and such and the secure accomodation/bursaries worth the gamble?

Well done to all those with places and good luck to all those in clearing etc! :smile:

Thanks
Rob
Reply 1
Original post by RobB
Hi all

I exceeded my firm's offer for Politics with International Relations at Aston of ABB by getting AAB + A in the Extended Project. This made me think about Adjustment, as I could instead go to an AAB uni. I've spoken to Surrey and Nottingham today with varying success as they were the first two which popped into my head, with Surrey having no places and Nottingham saying they have places. Is there an easy way to find vacancies, or does it rely on me phoning all of the AAB universities to see what is around? Also, should I just settle for Aston? Is throwing away the familiarity I have with it from open days and such and the secure accomodation/bursaries worth the gamble?

Well done to all those with places and good luck to all those in clearing etc! :smile:

Thanks
Rob

You go to UCAS and look at the clearing list for your subject - that tells you if they have places or not
Reply 2
Courses listed in Clearing are in Adjustment too. Although there are some universities that will accept students through Adjustment, but not through Clearing.
Yep, having a look at Clearing is probably the best way to find vacancies.
Reply 4
It's up to you as to whether you actually will want to move via adjustment or not. After all, you chose Aston for a reason and making a hastily made decision about transferring to Nottingham may not be what you actually want. Try to do a little research in the meantime to see whether you will like the course there, the life there etc...
Reply 5
Hi People!
I don't know what to do. :s-smilie:
I am studying this September architecture but I have 2 universities offer. One is the University Of The West Of England (UWE) and the other one is Queen's Belfast University. What would you do? Trank you! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending