Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I did unexpectedly bad in my A2s and I've come out with DDD. I've spent the day on clearing and I've managed to get offers for Politics from Huddersfield, Birkbeck UOL, and Westminster, and I think I'm going to accept Westminster since it seems like it would be the best out of the 3. However I'm still considering resitting my modules and reapplying next year, but the trouble is Westminster want me to add the offer onto track by 1pm tomorrow, so I don't have a lot of time to think. Can I accept Westminster and if I decide to take resits later would I be able to cancel my place and retake the year instead?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by hassan_1995)
    I did unexpectedly bad in my A2s and I've come out with DDD. I've spent the day on clearing and I've managed to get offers for Politics from Huddersfield, Birkbeck UOL, and Westminster, and I think I'm going to accept Westminster since it seems like it would be the best out of the 3. However I'm still considering resitting my modules and reapplying next year, but the trouble is Westminster want me to add the offer onto track by 1pm tomorrow, so I don't have a lot of time to think. Can I accept Westminster and if I decide to take resits later would I be able to cancel my place and retake the year instead?
    Look at the stickies - we have a thread on Clearing 2013 - Everything you need to know. There's a section on changing your mind in Clearing near the bottom of the first post

ReputationRep:
    Accept Westminster, if you change your mind ask them to release you, so essentially you would be back in clearing, which is what I'm doing now as I changed my mind about my clearing choice after I had already added it on Track. Or, just withdraw your UCAS application completely, so you would be starting a new one for the next admissions cycle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Envy*)
    Accept Westminster, if you change your mind ask them to release you, so essentially you would be back in clearing, which is what I'm doing now as I changed my mind about my clearing choice after I had already added it on Track. Or, just withdraw your UCAS application completely, so you would be starting a new one for the next admissions cycle.
    Thank you, this is what I'm gonna do I think.

And sorry, I must have missed that thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hassan_1995)
    I don't know if you have made your mind yet or not, however I would recommend for you to look into Birkbeck's offer. Not probably the most world-renowed institution from the three, but it's the one with the best prospectus, as it is both a part of the University of London, meaning that the quality of teaching is on par with the rest of the colleges as it needs to keep very high standard, on top of a 1994 Group one, which is made up of smaller research-led universities. Furthermore, you shouldn't be dissing Birkbeck for Huddersfield or Westminter, seeing they have just started teaching full-time most of their courses, yet they are still backed up by an amazing research according to the 2001 and 2008 RAE's. I find it rather odd that they have decreased their offer from their BBB norm, however congrats on receiving it

(tbh, I do realize I am terribly biased towards Birkbeck, however the reputation it receives is pretty unfair, as until a few years it had a very specific USP and they have only opened up to full-time UCAS applicants in 2008 and they only appear in one league table, THE, which happens to make them in the 1% of best world universities and the 31st in the UK)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.