The Student Room Group

Am I ugly?

Attachment not found

I get called ugly all the time by my co-workers and some family members. Starting to get to me now.

Anyway, rate me out of 10
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Attachment not found

I get called ugly all the time by my co-workers and some family members. Starting to get to me now.

There's no point rating you. We are human not goods measured on scale.

It hardly matters what others says. Love yourself, you be alright. And if you can, break all relationship or connections with the ass****s who calls you ugly.
Reply 2
I cant see the link and anyway your probably not as ugly as me.
Vanity is ugly.
I'm sorry, but I can't see you. Ur link is incorrect. But I think it isn't nice to call people ugly.
Reply 5
Because the link is invalid, Im gonna say you look horrid
Original post by Anonymous
Attachment not found

You can't attach pictures when anon.
Reply 7
Original post by Blackshadow
You can't attach pictures when anon.

What's the point in being anon when you post your pic up
Reply 8
Post link up on a image site then post that link. I still think your not as ugly as me, ugly compared to what, and who? Any way what is beautiful if you think symmetry then you have been tricked my modern day media.

If you think how it was 500 years ago did they have Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian types in the papers? Did they even have papers? No. So instead of the media pushing ideas of what they think is beautiful which vanity and symmetry, money and social status (which by the way is a vain way to look at a person, but its sells because it very easy and quick to judge a person by these standards) people had to create their own image of what being beautiful was or what their ideal image of beauty is.

To me that is a fundamental flaw on why vanity exists today, we are bombarded with a idea of what supposedly sexy is, or what beautiful is, from day 0! How to be sexy, ways to please your/woman/man. it's all bollox, why would someone else know how to please MY Woman/Man?

this advertising of the ideal concept of beauty is on the TV's where babies sit in front of, it's on the magazines our Mother. Father and Siblings read and its on near every piece of advertising, It's always in reach, and it is designed to be. Which to me is quite scary but that is why companies spend millions upon millions in advertising.

Today we can't develop out own idea of what beautiful or sexy is because we are bombarded from a young age what it is! We cant help it to begin with, a young persons mind is very impressionable. But as we get older and understand the dirty tactics company's use to get hits/publicity/sales or interest.

Since the global reach of marketing it has warped a lot of people image of what being beautiful is and especially desirable is makes me sad, it raises people expectation of what they want their ideal partner to be. They even give the impression there is an idea partner... Well unfortunately it isn't a Disney story their isn't, People have to work for relationships compromise and suffer sometimes, for some its barely at all, for other its a long journey but in the long run its worth it for what they have built together, a trust and a solid relationship with the person you want to be with. So that image that is on the TV/Magazine/Radio/Internet and also Magazine gossip is not true. Even though people think it is, it is fake.

A truly decent man realises this and don't fall for typical eye candy purely because it is skin deep. what the point of hanging out with someone if you just like to look at them? the conversation must be pretty ****ing boring, let alone 2/3/4 year down the line. to me it is just setting yourself up for an emotionally painful break up. since after any amount of years you get attached to anyone.

So to me worrying if your ugly is kind of pointless because if someone thinks your ugly then they just seam like they are skin deep, how can someone call you that if they don't know you. Asking me to judge a picture for a skin deep reaction is not what you are, your more than that. Such am I.

You can keep trying to get confirmations and a number rating which is decided by symmetry and modern day standard of what beauty is but you really think that would give you real love, or just lust?

And if someone don't like you just by looking at you then that skin deepness is bound for an inevitable break up.

If you get a good looking girl/guy great, but that is not what creates a rock solid relationship, Isit?
Lol whats the point of posting anon, then attaching a picture of yourself? Kinda defeats the whole purpose dont you think? Btw the link doesnt work.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending