Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm really worried about the fact that Student Finance have not updated my account, as they are still not taking into account my Household Income, despite the fact that my mum entered our information on her account on the 30th of July, so this means that they are not giving me a Maintenance Grant.
    On my mum's account, it says that her information has been 'approved', but it is not asking for any evidence... Whereas, on my account, it still says that my mum needs to input our household income?
    I'm really confused and worried, as i can't possibly go up to Uni without this financial support and i've been confirmed a place and have applied for accommodation.
    What should i do, as i have less than a month before i go to Uni?
    Thank you for any help!

Also, does anyone know how long this process can take?

ReputationRep:
    You have no other option than to chase them: phone, online notes, recorded delivery letter, anything will do. They are overloaded at the moment as you can imagine but should resolve your query eventually. Our institution runs Student Finance surgeries this months for new and continuing students: check your institution Student / Welfare Services - they may offer similar free advice sessions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Urszula @ BC)
    You have no other option than to chase them: phone, online notes, recorded delivery letter, anything will do. They are overloaded at the moment as you can imagine but should resolve your query eventually. Our institution runs Student Finance surgeries this months for new and continuing students: check your institution Student / Welfare Services - they may offer similar free advice sessions.
    Thank you for you help
    You don't think its to late for everything to get sorted out, do you?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.