Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I've received my accommodation confirmation today and I have been allocated Danesgate House. Anyone know what it's like? Anyone else going to be living there?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I lived in Danesgate in my first year, it doesn't look that great from the outside and a lot of people either don't know about it or say they wouldn't dream of living there, but trust me, it isn't that bad. It's cheap, it's near the Cathedral part of the city and is only a 10 minute walk to uni (there's also a small Tesco nearby), the rooms are pretty big and if you ask you can even move a double bed into some of them.
    When I lived there I was in one of the big flats, 18 rooms, 2 kitchens and 4 bathrooms. The kitchens got pretty bad (as you can imagine!) but the bathrooms were cleaned everyday.
    It's definitely not luxurious, but it's not as bad as a lot of people say, if you want, you can buy a mini fridge and put it in your room like I did, and one girl even put a microwave in there. Also, if you are a smoker, tell them and then they will let you smoke in your room if you do it near an open window.

Let me know if you want anymore details

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CptHooke)
    So I've received my accommodation confirmation today and I have been allocated Danesgate House. Anyone know what it's like? Anyone else going to be living there?
    I'm going to be living at danesgate! What are you studying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QueenieBeane)
    Hi, I lived in Danesgate in my first year, it doesn't look that great from the outside and a lot of people either don't know about it or say they wouldn't dream of living there, but trust me, it isn't that bad. It's cheap, it's near the Cathedral part of the city and is only a 10 minute walk to uni (there's also a small Tesco nearby), the rooms are pretty big and if you ask you can even move a double bed into some of them.
    When I lived there I was in one of the big flats, 18 rooms, 2 kitchens and 4 bathrooms. The kitchens got pretty bad (as you can imagine!) but the bathrooms were cleaned everyday.
    It's definitely not luxurious, but it's not as bad as a lot of people say, if you want, you can buy a mini fridge and put it in your room like I did, and one girl even put a microwave in there. Also, if you are a smoker, tell them and then they will let you smoke in your room if you do it near an open window.

Thanks for that! Had a look at the accommodation over the weekend and it was exactly as you described it, very cheap and cheerful. I was mortified when I saw the front of it haha but it is a nice little place.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to be living there Have you been assigned a room yet? I'm gonna be on the second floor. I haven't been to have a look inside myself but I've been reassured by people that it's a decent place and it sounds like it's going to be good value for money. Pretty excited!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i am also staying at danesgate

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, looking forward to meeting you all. If you haven't already, find and join the Danesgate Peeps 2013 to start talking to everyone.

Hey Queenie, can you remember if you were allowed a kettle? The main manager (Andrew) says we can bring anything except a deep-fat fryer but the receptionist says no. It could, I quote, "set the fire alarm off".

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, looking forward to meeting you all. If you haven't already, find and join the Danesgate Peeps 2013 to start talking to everyone.

Hey Queenie, can you remember if you were allowed a kettle? The main manager (Andrew) says we can bring anything except a deep-fat fryer but the receptionist says no. It could, I quote, "set the fire alarm off".
    I had one in my room (didn't use it much) but I remember that lots of other people had them too, you should be fine having one in there.

ReputationRep:
    I lived there in my 2nd and 3rd year. It's cheap and has an amazing view if you're on a certain side of it. Was a pretty enjoyable place to be, internet can be bad though.

ReputationRep:
    When are people moving in? I was thinking of going down the 21st

ReputationRep:

Hi, which one is better? Aqua House or Danesgate? I was confused between the two, so if you could shed some light that would be great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Brisingr)
    Hi, which one is better? Aqua House or Danesgate? I was confused between the two, so if you could shed some light that would be great.
    I never really saw or even knew anybody who lived in Aqua House! I think it's a little bit closer to campus and the west end of Lincoln, but it's further away from all the shops and city centre stuff, I'd recommend having a look round both, it's what I did and it made my choice much clearer in the end! Sorry that I'm not much help in this matter...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Palmer94)
    When are people moving in? I was thinking of going down the 21st
    I'll be all in on the 14th

ReputationRep:
    I'll be all in on the 14th
    Are the flat numbers based on floors? I'm in 3316 so I was guessing that was 3rd floor?

ReputationRep:
    I should be moving in on the 15th! c:

(Original post by Palmer94)
    Are the flat numbers based on floors? I'm in 3316 so I was guessing that was 3rd floor?
    Yeah, I think it's basically like yours would be floor 3, flat 3, room 16, if that's what you're asking

ReputationRep:
    Danesgate is changing for necxt year so the price is going up and they will look completely differently. I believe it changes for better as it will be all en-suite

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if you can have overnight guests at Danesgate?

ReputationRep:
    That makes more sense! I was confused when reading the comments saying how cheap it was when I'm paying quite a bit! It sounds awesome - can't wait!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.