Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys. I'm going to Cardiff in September to study accounting and finance. I'll be living in Talybont South, House 15.

Ive seen a few threads already about wristbands but thought I'd make one to ask who's buying which (or both).

From what I've gathered, the SU wristband is the official Students Union one, only other freshers will be there (I think I read that somewhere) and the Collective Events one is just other clubs in the city.

Facebook, twitter etc all seems clogged up with club promoters making out that the Collective Events wristband is the only wristband going, even a lot of the Facebook Accomodation groups are run by the director the Collective Events company, so everywhere seems too biased to help me choose.

I'd rather buy the SU wristband because I know it's only freshers allowed and it will be possible to get the Collective Events wristband any of the later years at Cardiff. The SU events may be a once-in-a-lifetime kinda thing.

However, I will not know anyone at Cardiff and I'm 22 so am worried about meeting people anyways (might be too old to be hip with the youngsters), and so don't want to buy the SU wristband if hardly anyone else is going to be.

anyone else have any thoughts on which one they'll be buying?

ReputationRep:
    Most freshers will stick to the official SU events purely because they know a lot of people will be there. As the year goes on, you'll venture out into the city more for nightlife.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -aimz)
    Most freshers will stick to the official SU events purely because they know a lot of people will be there. As the year goes on, you'll venture out into the city more for nightlife.
    Thats what I was thinking/ hoping and that's why I'll be buying the SU one, just a bit concerned that the majority of people will see all the spamming by the club promoters and go to the city events.

thanks tho.

ReputationRep:
    Heya, welcome to Cardiff you're going to love it When I was a fresher I had the official uni one which just got you into the unions events. For the first couple of weeks we just went to the union and then after that started branching out to other places. The union will be packed to the point where you can't even breath I can guarantee it, so don't worry about no one being there haha You'll be surprised at how many people at uni won't be just 18 so I wouldn't let age be an issue any other questions feel free to ask

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.