Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't see another thread, so decided to make my own. I've got my unconditional offer for biochemistry today and I thought it would be nice to talk to my fellow biochemists. So, any out there?

ReputationRep:
    You've found one here! Was originally planning to do Chemistry, but changed over to Biochemistry yesterday Look forward to it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drahc)
    You've found one here! Was originally planning to do Chemistry, but changed over to Biochemistry yesterday Look forward to it!
    Yay! You're the first person I've found! I'm so excited!

ReputationRep:
    snip

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nigerian Knight)
    About to apply for Biochemistry for 2014 and want to know if you guys applied to the industrial year one or normal one. Are the spots for one of them gonna be fewer than for the other? I'm not sure what to do and I really want to have one.
    I'm a biology 2nd year, but I can tell you it doesn't matter which course you're on The biosciences department is pretty flexible, there will be an opportunity to switch onto the placements course if you're on the non-placement course. I think the deadline to switch is around march/ april or something? So plenty of time
    The best thing to do if you're not sure is to go on the placements course, and then if you don't want to do it then you just don't bother to find a placement/ can opt out at any time. Thing is you can't decide you want a placement at the last minute, so best to be on the placements course
    I believe it doesn't matter how many people are on each course, I know of lots of people who switched onto the placements course during the first few months of uni. It'll be discussed in your tutorials most likely, and the department will email about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrifleDisaster)
    I'm a biology 2nd year, but I can tell you it doesn't matter which course you're on The biosciences department is pretty flexible, there will be an opportunity to switch onto the placements course if you're on the non-placement course. I think the deadline to switch is around march/ april or something? So plenty of time
    The best thing to do if you're not sure is to go on the placements course, and then if you don't want to do it then you just don't bother to find a placement/ can opt out at any time. Thing is you can't decide you want a placement at the last minute, so best to be on the placements course
    I believe it doesn't matter how many people are on each course, I know of lots of people who switched onto the placements course during the first few months of uni. It'll be discussed in your tutorials most likely, and the department will email about it.
    snip

ReputationRep:
    Which university are you in?
    Bath

ReputationRep:
    About to apply for Biochemistry for 2014 and want to know if you guys applied to the industrial year one or normal one. Are the spots for one of them gonna be fewer than for the other? I'm not sure what to do and I really want to have one.
    i applied for the industrial year. i think the grades are a little higher than the non placement course. good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.