The Student Room Group

Why does IOP need so much detail to sign up for 16 -19?

After reading the Physics guide as a degree option on tsr it mentioned the IOP and I went to join but it has literally the most detail needed for a free membership I've ever really seen , it actually asks for my school teacher of physics name so they can ring up and check I'm a student ? I guess I'm asking why they need all that and is it worth joining?
Hey there. While you're waiting for a reply to your post, we thought we'd give your thread a timely bump.

But don't twiddle your thumbs in the meantime! Kick off your revision and study time by heading to our Learn Together section.

In Learn Together, you'll find interactive study tools to help make your revision quicker and easier. We've also got thousands of handpicked assignments analysed by great teachers, so you can learn from top-marked work. And there's tons more too: get started on Learn Together now!
Reply 2
Afaik it's non profit so I'd guess it's collecting information to justify itself to funders...
Or else it's detected a problem with cheeky 20 year olds subscribing to the under 19 section.
If you're that interested you should ask the iop really.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending