Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm going on holiday with my gf in november, we were hoping to find an affordable hotel near the city centre but I currently can't even work out what the city centre is.
    I'm looking at a hotel in sant andreu at the moment, could people tell me whata its like there or suggest some hotels more in the city centre.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Also had a look at la ramblas, does anyone know anything?

ReputationRep:
    Sant Andreu is a district of Barcelona,

La Rambla is definitely more city centre, it's very touristy too!

ReputationRep:
    Where would you advise is a good area to get a hotel?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Walton17)
    I'm going on holiday with my gf in november, we were hoping to find an affordable hotel near the city centre but I currently can't even work out what the city centre is.
    I'm looking at a hotel in sant andreu at the moment, could people tell me whata its like there or suggest some hotels more in the city centre.

Thanks.
    I went to Barcelona a few weeks ago with my sister and we stayed in a hostel - it was amazing! it wasn't like a hostel at all, it had been all newly decorated (black and white and awesome) and it was so clean/quiet and in the best location (near Placa de Catalyuna right at the top of Las Ramblas - so was a 2 minute walk to all the buses/trains/shops/restaurants/clubs etc). it was called Hostal Q and I would really recommend it, it was £100 each roughly for four nights. there is not much point getting a really expensive place as you'll be out exploring most of the time anyway

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 20, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.