Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Well all medicine applicants are hard working students, so it is not a big deal for them to get an A grade. Why don't non oxbridge medical schools increase their offers to A*AA?

ReputationRep:
    I'd imagine they're clever and dedicated, but that doesn't mean it's not a big deal for them to get an A... three As!
    Anyway it's about more than grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexandra's Box)
    I'd imagine they're clever and dedicated, but that doesn't mean it's not a big deal for them to get an A... three As!
    Anyway it's about more than grades.
    Sorry but these days it is a piece of cake.
    Exams are getting easier. There has been a grade fall this year because students are getting lazier except the medicine hopeful ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nothepreacher)
    Exams are getting easier. There has been a grade fall this year because students are getting lazier except the medicine hopeful ones.
    I'm sorry... are you seriously attributing a drop in grades to people being lazy. You can't be serious?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    LOL. 0/10.

ReputationRep:
    I disagree. Exams are not getting easier and A-levels are not a piece of cake. In my opinion, entry requirements should be lower, not higher. I say this as someone who just achieved A*AA. The reason they're at AAA is because of the competition, not because someone with AAB can't handle the degree. I could be wrong, but that's what I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vip3rgt9)
    I'm sorry... are you seriously attributing a drop in grades to people being lazy. You can't be serious?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you compare the 2013 f325 paper with a legacy one, you will see how easy it would be for an early 2000s kid to get a good grade on ours. Since exams are getting easier, people find it less difficult to take in stuff, and some of us become more laid back. Honestly I am not that proud of my 3 As. It is pretty average nowadays. These grades wouldn't be sustainable in getting me a good offer if we were few years into the future. Some neggers here hate truths. But it is not just me but the whole of UK complaining about grade inflation.

ReputationRep:
    From briefly reading your previous posts, you seem to not have applied to study medicine yet?
    There is so much more to it than getting the grades. 3 A's is one step in a competitve application procedure

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.