The Student Room Group

help? your advise thanks

Ok so i got my results today like everyone else! And wasnt fully happy with them. Im looking at doing International Relations at LSE or Kings. (extra info: course requirement is AAA). Ok so for example if there were 2 students, student A and student B. Student A had already done his A levels and had achieved AAA. Student B also applied but he was in year 12 and his AS predicted grades were A*A*A. which one would the university prefer/favour the most.
(in this scenario both students have taken the same subjects and have good PS's and references)
I personally would have said Student A as he has actually achieved the grades so is technically "risk free" for the university. your thoughts? thanks oh and i am student A!
I'm not sure if it matters at this point. If you've applied, your offers will be unconditional or not.
Original post by daalchaval
Ok so i got my results today like everyone else! And wasnt fully happy with them. Im looking at doing International Relations at LSE or Kings. (extra info: course requirement is AAA). Ok so for example if there were 2 students, student A and student B. Student A had already done his A levels and had achieved AAA. Student B also applied but he was in year 12 and his AS predicted grades were A*A*A. which one would the university prefer/favour the most.
(in this scenario both students have taken the same subjects and have good PS's and references)
I personally would have said Student A as he has actually achieved the grades so is technically "risk free" for the university. your thoughts? thanks oh and i am student A!

It doesn't really work like that in Universities, they always over compensate by about 50%, so they would never compare a student with the grades already to one with only prospective grades. If you fulfill their requirements what they would look at instead is whether your interests are suitable to what the course requires, and how your PS is written. Are you worried about applying?

Also I don't see why you are unhappy about AAA. You need to realise that once you're at University your A levels don't matter anywhere near as much as you think they do now.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Brownie anyone?
It doesn't really work like that in Universities, they always over compensate by about 50%, so they would never compare a student with the grades already to one with only prospective grades. If you fulfill their requirements what they would look at instead is whether your interests are suitable to what the course requires, and how your PS is written. Are you worried about applying?

Also I don't see why you are unhappy about AAA. You need to realise that once you're at University your A levels don't matter anywhere near as much as you think they do now.

yup...
Reply 4
Original post by daalchaval

I would prefer student B - after all they are also risk free - if they do not achieve what they say then they can be rejected

Reason for preferring them is that their study is more recent - the only way A would compete is with an excellent gap year plan

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending