The Student Room Group

How long do universities on average have clearing spots?

For example Southampton for law how long do you reckon it would be before the clearing spaces will be full?
Reply 1
Original post by Student-Andrew
For example Southampton for law how long do you reckon it would be before the clearing spaces will be full?

For example... :P

We cannot possibly know for any course on any university.

If you're interested you have to do so NOW!
It could be available today and then tomorrow it's gone.

Once again, do NOT wait if you're interested!!!
Reply 2

We cannot tell

They may have had 5 spaces and filled them by lunch today, they may have had 20 and not fill them by the time the course starts
Yeah true, I just thought someone could possibly have experience in clearing in being able to still find a placement maybe a week after results day for example
Litterally no-one can tell you, unless someone who works in clearing at Southhampton knows it is already full. It's all dependent on who they get ring up, and how many places they have- the first no-one can know, the second no-one is likely to say on an internet forum, and only a small number of people know.

However, Southhampton is a good university, and law is a popular course, so I can see it filling very quickly, within 24-48 hours. Even if they are offering extra places to ABB+ students, these will be limited by logistics, and they are not likely to have a large number of extra places available.

Do not wait to call them!
Alright thanks for the reply's
Yeah true, I just thought someone could possibly have experience in clearing in being able to still find a placement maybe a week after results day for example

People do find clearing placements a week later, however they are usually on fairly obscure courses, or less popular universities. I would not bet money on Law at Southhampton still having spaces next week unless something has changed drastically this year.

Can I ask why you are asking? People may be able to give you more specific advice this way. Are you waiting on another choice to release you?
Reply 7
Alright thanks for the reply's

Though because you used an unnecessary apostrophe, I've taken the trouble to ring them myself and tell them not to accept you. :wink:
Original post by shezshez
Though because you used an unnecessary apostrophe, I've taken the trouble to ring them myself and tell them not to accept you. :wink:

Yeah rightly so, my darn Google spell check stuck me up to that one
Reply 9
Original post by shezshez

BAD

funny

but bad
Original post by SlowlorisIncognito
People do find clearing placements a week later, however they are usually on fairly obscure courses, or less popular universities. I would not bet money on Law at Southhampton still having spaces next week unless something has changed drastically this year.

Can I ask why you are asking? People may be able to give you more specific advice this way. Are you waiting on another choice to release you?

I have an insurance offer but southampton was my firm of which i was declined...i should be getting remark results soon, though most likely by monday, and if i find those missing 4 marks southampton may accept me by clearing, if they have spaces of course.
I have an insurance offer but southampton was my firm of which i was declined...i should be getting remark results soon, though most likely by monday, and if i find those missing 4 marks southampton may accept me by clearing, if they have spaces of course.

Have you let them know you are getting a priority re-mark

If so they should be holding the place, surely
Original post by TenOfThem
Have you let them know you are getting a priority re-mark

If so they should be holding the place, surely

I haven't actually, yeah may just do that tomorrow morning

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending