Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA Business Studies Unit 2 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please help me.

I sat the AQA Unit 1 & 2 exam this summer and I achieved an A grade in Unit 1 and a U grade in unit 2. I am extremely confused as to why this has happened. Can someone please post the mark scheme or give me any advice. Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    what was your grade overall? i got a C in unit 1 and D in unit 2, very disappointed in myself :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My overall grade Cash-in was C. I did the retake as well and in unit 1 I got E, but in Unit 2 i got a C.

ReputationRep:
    Some crazy marking by aqa business,
    i was looking for an A* after 3 As, and 100ums in jan unit 3.
    Buss4 got a C. No one in my college got higher, and there 70 of us.

ReputationRep:
    Id suggest to retake unit 2. That's 120 ums and don't worry too much about unit 1. I got a C in unit 1 but an A in unit 2 after I got a D first time round. Youl be fine ive recently completed my business A2 and got an A even with the C in unit 1

ReputationRep:
    Ask your teacher to look at E-AQA results Analysis. They can look at your results Q by Q to see where you went wrong. Other option is to ask for a photocopy of your script back so your teacher can go through it with you. If you get a priority photocopy (request by 23rd Aug) then it will arrive so you have time to get a remark if you spot things you are not happy with on the paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apple1992)
    I agree! Missed out on my firm choice because of it. Only needed 68UMS to get an A but somehow only achieved 55UMS which is ridiculous because that is 38 raw marks, implying I only averaged 19/40 on each essay! Have arranged for a priority remark as I desperately want to try get into my firm choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueArmy-CFC)
    what was your grade overall? i got a C in unit 1 and D in unit 2, very disappointed in myself :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got a D overall, I am so disappointed in myself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lisaxiaoli)
    My overall grade Cash-in was C. I did the retake as well and in unit 1 I got E, but in Unit 2 i got a C.
    Good for you mate. Wish you all the best in the future

ReputationRep:
    You came out of the exam feeling confident didn't you? Well at least you didn't feel like you attained a grade as low as you did right? We are on the same boat here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iAhmedd)
    Id suggest to retake unit 2. That's 120 ums and don't worry too much about unit 1. I got a C in unit 1 but an A in unit 2 after I got a D first time round. Youl be fine ive recently completed my business A2 and got an A even with the C in unit 1
    Well done on that then mate, it's just that if I really deserved a U, I would have come out of the exam knowing that I got that grade as it is so low

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rav07)
    I agree! Missed out on my firm choice because of it. Only needed 68UMS to get an A but somehow only achieved 55UMS which is ridiculous because that is 38 raw marks, implying I only averaged 19/40 on each essay! Have arranged for a priority remark as I desperately want to try get into my firm choice.

My point exactly. I don't feel as though I wrote a U worthy exam paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TemiOlad)
    Can someone please help me.

I sat the AQA Unit 1 & 2 exam this summer and I achieved an A grade in Unit 1 and a U grade in unit 2. I am extremely confused as to why this has happened. Can someone please post the mark scheme or give me any advice. Thanks in advance.
    I got an A in Unit 2 and C in Unit 1 :s But i have always found the shorter paper harder some how, so mine i guess is justified

ReputationRep:
    My point exactly. I don't feel as though I wrote a U worthy exam paper
    You getting your paper/s remarked?

ReputationRep:
    I got C's in both and I was told first hand by my business teachers I would realistically be looking at A grade by then end of A2. I'm gutted at how close I was to the B although its not where I should be hitting. I'm going to go for the recall and the remark, as I've not really got a lot to lose. Crazy stuff

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You came out of the exam feeling confident didn't you? Well at least you didn't feel like you attained a grade as low as you did right? We are on the same boat here
    I felt confident because It was the only business exam I knew all the content and knowledge thoroughly. On top of that I had 10 full days of no other exams, so I Had double revision sessions. had so many research examples for every part of the syllabus. It seems that the people who got marked properly got 100% UMS. This is some crazy marking. are you getting a remark?? According to Tutor2u on twitter, many business teachers were also surprised how potential grade A students got poor grades, not even a C.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rav07)
    A lot of people in my college are doing it. I might aswell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rav07)
    Yeah, but I'm going to request my paper back first

ReputationRep:
    I felt confident because It was the only business exam I knew all the content and knowledge thoroughly. On top of that I had 10 full days of no other exams, so I Had double revision sessions. had so many research examples for every part of the syllabus. It seems that the people who got marked properly got 100% UMS. This is some crazy marking. are you getting a remark?? According to Tutor2u on twitter, many business teachers were also surprised how potential grade A students got poor grades, not even a C.
    Yeah I'm gonna get a remark. There has to be something up. How can I possibly get an A in Unit 1 and a U in unit 2? It doesn't add up

ReputationRep:
    i'm feeling you bro I resat buss2 because I got 66/120 first time

BUSS1: B
    BUSS2: 66/120 first 66/120 resit ( WTF AQA ) D D
    BUSS3: A
    BUSS4: B

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.