Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can I disappear when I go to Uni Watch

Announcements

I don't mean like, literally

Basically, I used to have a close group of friends, but this year they pretty much all moved away - some to London, some to Newcastle and some to Bristol and they all formed closer groups and essentially I have been totally excluded.

I totally want to escape from the bubble where I'm from, I don't think I know anybody going to my Uni, so do you reckon things like getting a new facebook and stopping all contact will allow me to like, disappear from their lives - I don't want to be involved with them at all?

Thanks for any help 8)

ReputationRep:
    If you want...

But it can be good to have contact with those from home from time to time, even if you're not that close

To be fair, for me, just moving to uni did that for me, without having to delete them from my life. Even if they talk to you for the first few weeks, they'll lose interest eventually

ReputationRep:
    I have never understood the reason of getting a whole new Facebook account. Just go through your friends and remove them individually. That way you'll be able to see if you REALLY want to cut contact with absolutely all of them. I thought the same way as you more or less but I've kept the odd few on my account. But make sure you really don't want contact. Do you not want to see them over the summer next year or Christmas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    To be fair, for me, just moving to uni did that for me, without having to delete them from my life. Even if they talk to you for the first few weeks, they'll lose interest eventually
    I was going to give this a thumbs up but it didn't let me

At least that is better than the ones who hang on for ages, continuously promising a "We'll have to get together and catch up next time you're home" which NEVER EVER happens...

1500 friends on facebook, I want about 50 of them to know what I'm doing...

And to answer the last question, absolutely not - I really am fed up of them, I don't want to be involved with them at all as they constantly ***** about me/undercut me etc.. I hate them...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    1500 friends on facebook, I want about 50 of them to know what I'm doing...

And to answer the last question, absolutely not - I really am fed up of them, I don't want to be involved with them at all as they constantly ***** about me/undercut me etc.. I hate them...
    Steady Facebook cull. Don't worry once everyone goes to Uni you'll all be so wrapped up that slowly you won't have contact with people you don't want. I am still friends with only a few from school a but they were my only real friends anyway - I.e the people that actually liked me!
    I wouldn't bother starting a new fb account

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I agree with all the above - from what people have told me, going to uni will do it for you.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 16, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.