Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone else confused by these creepy obsessions with celebrities? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Just watching this one directioner programme and seeing how obsessed some people are over them. I mean don't get me wrong i'm sure we all have crushes on some celebrities but its scary how some of these girls act. Why are they so attached? How could you feel like that towards someone you don't even know and who will probably never know you even existed? Some of their lives just revolve around stalking these celebrities...why?

They even send death threats to people who go out with them...it's ****ing strange. Or do people think this is normal?

ReputationRep:
    They're just people :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    They are an odd bunch, but it could just be their way of dealing with their teenage hormones.
    Maybe they'll grow out of it and will look back and think "I was so crazy as a teenager!".
    Maybe they won't.
    Only time will tell.

ReputationRep:
    I dunno, I have a Bob Dylan fetish. Obviously I don't act like these people you describe but if a young Dylan walked past me I'd likely have a fit and tear his clothes off.

When something touches you in a personal way it's easy to go a bit nuts.

ReputationRep:
    I will never understand anyone who's a groupie.

:confused:

ReputationRep:
    I find it more weird that there are human beings who follow other human beings around in hordes and take photos of them to put in newspapers and magazines for a wider scope of humans to read it and pass comment on the photographed human's physical appearance.

I mean, why do we give a **** about stranger's life to such an extent? 100years down the line nobody will give a crap abput any of us, even if you achieve something great most people 100yrs on will think, that's pretty cool, then move on obsessing with the current 'celebs' and the cycle just repeats until the human ignorance of over-population and its effects eventually leads to our own extinction and we are no more.

Can you imagine what a gorilla or something would be thinking seeing this from the outside looking in? And we are apparently the intelligent animals on this planet...

ReputationRep:
    I rememebr when Kate Moss was on display at topshop the amount of middle class teen girls queueing up to see her were obssessed. SHe was their messiah.

ReputationRep:
    True fans would never behave like all these people obsessed with celebrities. I do have famous people that I like but would never go to a such extreme where I'd lose my mind.

Well, this is beneficial for others since they can make money out of all this obsession.

ReputationRep:
    A bunch of idiotic girls who waited outside the concert arena for about 4 hours were furious that they didn't come out and speak to them...they cant speak to EVERY fan, also they have a "meet & greet" thing where you pay extra to meet them, they're hardly going to charge people for that then start strolling around meeting everyone for free.

ReputationRep:
    I think it is stupid how there is a TV programme about people who are obsessed with a bunch of celebs. Surely there must be more important things in the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Dragonborn)
    I think it is stupid how there is a TV programme about people who are obsessed with a bunch of celebs. Surely there must be more important things in the world.
    To be fair, there are hundreds of programmes that are just as bad if not worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deedee123)
    To be fair, there are hundreds of programmes that are just as bad if not worse.

Very true.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't say the words "these people need to be put down" several times throughout the programme

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by S4LM4N)
      I'd be lying if I said I didn't say the words "these people need to be put down" several times throughout the programme
      I think the highlights for me were:

Those girls who were raging because they waited hours and they just drove past them. Pahaha

That girl at the end who was literally screaming in tears just because she'd bought a concert ticket, you would think she'd just won the X factor the way she was acting

I nearly died cringing when they were reading out the sexual fantasy of Louis and Harry... It was a lot more explicit than I expected!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      I watched the show too and wasn't surprised... I have a friend who is obsessed with them. >.< Seriously it is taking over her life!! She made her dad drive her to Heathrow Airport just to see Harry, she almost stopped speaking to me just because I'm not a fan and her grades have fallen because of it (she admits this too). Ehh, it just annoys me as she is wasting her life.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by deedee123)
      Just watching this one directioner programme and seeing how obsessed some people are over them. I mean don't get me wrong i'm sure we all have crushes on some celebrities but its scary how some of these girls act. Why are they so attached? How could you feel like that towards someone you don't even know and who will probably never know you even existed? Some of their lives just revolve around stalking these celebrities...why?

They even send death threats to people who go out with them...it's ****ing strange. Or do people think this is normal?
      Excellent post, I agree.

Posted from TSR Mobile

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.