The Student Room Group

PLEASE help! Is this a "Mickey Mouse" degree?

I have had to apply through clearing:frown: and got an offer for medical science at Wolverhampton but I'm not sure if it is good enough as other similar courses
http://courses.wlv.ac.uk/Course.asp?code=BM026H31UVD
It just doesn't seem as in depth as the Birmingham degree in the same subject ( which was my firm).
I really don't want to make the wrong choice here! Any opinions??
I wouldn't call it mickey mouse. But if it doesn't seem to offer the same range of modules than what you originally wanted, then that's something to consider. You have to enjoy and be passionate about what you're going to study, after all. Are you happy with the university? Don't panic. You only just got your results today, and although you may have been disappointed and it was a mad rush, it's also important not to lose sight of the fact that this is your future we're talking about! It's not a decision to be taken lightly, and certainly not one to be taken in a blind panic. Take some time to do some research if that's what you need, and if you're truly worried, have you considered a year out? It may seem like the last thing you want right now, but you could really use the year to research universities more and make sure you really want to go to them, whilst applying with grades in hand - so your offers would be unconditional. It would really take the pressure off. Whatever you decide, good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by Me123456789
I have had to apply through clearing:frown: and got an offer for medical science at Wolverhampton but I'm not sure if it is good enough as other similar courses
http://courses.wlv.ac.uk/Course.asp?code=BM026H31UVD
It just doesn't seem as in depth as the Birmingham degree in the same subject ( which was my firm).
I really don't want to make the wrong choice here! Any opinions??

Birmingham and Wolverhampton are poles apart in terms of ranking

The course at Wolverhampton is aimed at a different cohort to the course at Birmingham

This does not make it a bad course but it will be different to the one you had hoped to do

You need to ask yourself some questions

Were the Birmingham grades within your capability
If so, what went wrong and is it worth retaking
If not, is the 280 points your actual capability
If so, go to Wolverhampton and get a 1st
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending