Edexcel English Language last week

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Im so glad Notes from a small island came up! What did everone write for the last question? Write an article for a magazine about a personal experiance you had of a place u went 2?
tomlegge
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i wrote about a visit to Paris, but couldn't help going on to describe more than first impressions. I also gave some tips for travelling there The style was a bit like a travel report.

For Q2, I wrote a lot about place, and interpreted atmospher to be the description of the place, although many of my friends interpreted it as tone.

For Q1, I said about how the old man was becoming more childlike in his old age, which was ironic.

I found Q1 ok, Q2 a bit confusing, and Q3 I was unsure how to attack.

What did you think?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Yeah I thought it was confusing for Q2. For the personal experience I wrote about a trip to France and mine was also like a travel diary.

Good look in the other exams!
XXXNICEGUYXXX
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i thought the exam was a *****... ****ing old man old man... it was like the onli poem that we didnt' study in class...
and the notes on a small island... i just wrote some **** that i cant even remember...
for q3 i wrote about a trip to malaysia as a german person... that was decent
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Old man Old man was like the ****test poem ever and I was still writing when they came to collect the paper
XXXNICEGUYXXX
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
**** me yea it was horrible... even though i finished 5 mins from the end i was so pisssed off that i didnt bother reading the first or the second questions haha how gay
i thought they'd give us a choice like they did for literature!
**** edexcel for giving us such a lame ass poem
NeuroticSurgeon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I agree - that was a horrible paper. I just wrote about how Hide and Seek and Old Man Old Man used similar and different techniques to portray two completely different aspects of life - first childhood, the second adulthood. It wasn't Old Man Old Man I hated, it was Hide and Seek. Damn you Vernon Scannell!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (267)
34.27%
No (512)
65.73%

Watched Threads