Overall- E

Biology(cells,exchange and transport)- D
    Biology(molecules,biodiversity, food and health)- U
    Biology Practical- D
    Overall- E

Psychology investigations- B
    Psychology Core studies- U
    overall- E

Im trying to getting into a physiotherapy course at universities of Liverpool, Keele and Coventry etc and the normal entry requirement are ABB

now i have two options, 1) retaking them all next summer (new exam system) while doing my A2 work and having an exam overload
    2) Retaking the whole AS year again, however setting myself back a year

would the exam overload be too much for me and would retaking the year be a safer option for me?

Need advice!!!

ReputationRep:
    I would highly recommend retaking the year. Resitting every AS exam alongside your A2s? Suicide.

Do you know why you got lower grades than you wanted? Because I'd assume you think you're capable of much more, aiming for ABB, and it's great that you're aiming high but you have to think about if it's realistic...

ReputationRep:
    I guess i just underestimated A levels, and lack of motivation and concentration. I do feel that i can achieve much higher, but i have been thinking of picking a different course.
    I was hoping that my BTEC Sports, which i can get a dist*, would cover for my A in the ABB

ReputationRep:
    This all depends on how many modules you want to retake but to pull yourself up to ABB would mean you have to retake quite a few. I'm not going to lie, retaking so many modules will give you an exam overload and wouldn't be the best option to do it all in the summer alongside A2, especially since A2 is harder and requires much more work.

I would personally advise you to first speak to your school and find out what they think. If you are absolutely set on retaking then I would say retake the year. I know people who did this and they are doing much better now than they were last year. It would mean you have to complete all the modules again but it might also be good for you to have another year of learning the subjects so you can become really confident.

Lastly, if none of these seem like good options you can try and find similar courses at different Unis with lower grade boundaries.

You should probably speak to your college as soon as you can about this and they will help you make a decision.

I hope this helps and good luck. Remember that this isn't the end of the world and you can still make it and do what you want to in life.

ReputationRep:
    It would be all of bar 2 (maths pc1 and psychology investigations), i believe i can achieve much higher results, now that i know how much work i have to input, but i guess it's too late to retake the modular exams?
    It's just the thought of retaking another year, while everyone carries on progressing and reaching uni before me.

ReputationRep:
    I definitely think you should retake the year, if you're not aiming for medicine or dentistry (they're not too fond of that apparently)
    But it's okay because it's a learning curve for us all. A2 will seem a lot more interesting now because we realise that we have a challenge ahead of us! It's not going to be easy, but it's a lot more engaging than any year that feels like a walk through the park. You can do it. It's just for a few months, and then you'll be over the moon! Good luck in whatever you do

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.