The Student Room Group

What is the easiest A-Level to take up in one year?

I want to do a whole A-Level in one year alongside three others..
I got my as results back today and only two were decent and so next year I want an easy A-Level to do in one year that will mean I may be able to drop the hard one I did bad on if it gets too much along the way..
Reply 1
Original post by doctordee
I want to do a whole A-Level in one year alongside three others..
I got my as results back today and only two were decent and so next year I want an easy A-Level to do in one year that will mean I may be able to drop the hard one I did bad on if it gets too much along the way..

Hey. As you haven't said what A-levels you actually did it is pretty hard to give you suggestions.

Maths would be the most obvious, plenty of people do this is 1 year. There is no coursework and you can choose applied modules which suit you.

The best choice is probably not to do subjects with coursework. Anyway does your college/school offer 1 year a-levels. Or will you self study it?
Politics.
Reply 3
Original post by StartingTheParty
Politics.

I disagree, I just finished politics A-level and the amount of background knowledge and general awareness of what has happened both nationally and internationally is incredible.

I'd say it depends on the other courses you're doing. If you're doing maths, further maths would seem natural. Try to find a subject that meshes well with your interests foremost as especially considering self taught subjects you're more likely to do well if you enjoy it.
Reply 4
Where do your talents lie the poster.
Reply 5
I got A in English Lit, A in Psychology, C in Drama and C in Biology at AS... Now i have no clue what to do because i dont want to do either drama or biology so i was wondering whether it would be a good idea to do a one year course in sociology.. Any advice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I will be taking maths anyway and dropping Biology and Chemistry as I don't want to take them. I want to do a wholeA-Level in one year that is easy? Do you think it would be easier to just do Biology or Chem again but the whole A-Level in one year?

Quick Reply

Latest