Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Thor55 i think if three points lie on a line. lets say ABC .. so the line AB and BC would have the angle 180 between them.. This was the same principle i applied. It also suggests the line are parallel but we had to proove this only right..
    Also i know the first question the eq was for normal... I got the gradient as -1.. so the normal's gradient wud be 1.

ReputationRep:
    i totally screwd that one up, only really understood qs 1 n 2 :'( and it sounds that everyone else here whizzed it!!! dont reckon im off to ANY uni in sept, i messed it up that much

ReputationRep:
    hard hard paper. no way i've got an A now for maths, given that i needed a good A on that paper. to me, that vectors question just seemed impossible, seemed as if we didn't have enough information or anything.

left the whole of the 8 mark proving dx/dt stuff too.. and loads of my other stuff didn't work either.

here's to hoping for low grade boundaries..

ReputationRep:
    i got 7/2 or 2/7 for the gradient in question one, did anyone else get that?

ReputationRep:
    Well _LUCE_ if u have solved the edexcel practice papers, then u wud find this paper piece of cake. Seriously the practice paper were very hard.. The compared to those was way easy... I think i just screwed the first question and the collinear bit. rest all was plain.. does anyone remeber the first question and how many marks it contained.?

ReputationRep:
    well SMASHINGDUDE, i actually did do all of the edexcel practice papers, and solomon, and found i could generally work through them. and i'm not the only one on here saying it was hard??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sbalian)
    i got 7/2 or 2/7 for the gradient in question one, did anyone else get that?
    yep i got that for a question, i think 2/7. and then it asked to find the normal so became -7/2 . might have been the other way round, i don't quite remember though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _luce_)
    well SMASHINGDUDE, i actually did do all of the edexcel practice papers, and solomon, and found i could generally work through them. and i'm not the only one on here saying it was hard??
    Dude, nothing was harder than c3! NOTHING!
    I need like probs 100% or 90% to get an A, but i bloody doubt that now, oh well...heres another one not going to uni.

SUCH A **** FOR NOT RETAKING ANY MODULES...all i can do is beat myself up on results day.

ReputationRep:
    well depends how u preceive. i found c3 way hard so thats why maybe i found this easier. anyway how many marks was the first question? i just wrote the wrong sign and ended up with y=x+1 .. the gradient came to -1 of the tangent. all screwed up cause one one damn sign..........
    how many marks will i loose?

ReputationRep:
    i found c4 rly easy.half of the ppl from my skool found it easy, whilst the other half screwed up.i reckon the paper was of medium difficulty though.questions werent that tricky.

ReputationRep:
    SO ****ING HARD i hope i get 60% somehow...prays

ReputationRep:
    it woz a tough paper i needed 72 for an A nowhere near! i have to settle for a B or C! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I feel so stupid for making a stupid mistake. I got the ratios of those two vector lines as root 189 to root 84 (or the other way around) but I didn't simplify it any further. Oh well, it's only a mark or two probably. It seems I got the rest correct. The exam was definitely a lot harder than the practice ones I was doing but it wasn't impossible. I actually found the last few questions easier than the first few.

ReputationRep:
    tough tough paper!!

ReputationRep:
    That was definitely a hard paper. On the last question I stupidly quoted the volume of a sphere as 4/3 pi r cubed (even though the question was asking about a cube) - I just got lost. That and half the vectors question I messed up, but besides that I think I got most of the right stuff. I hope so anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, it wasn't that terrible, definitely not as bad as C3. The first thing that made me stop and have a mini panic attack was the partial fraction because in all the past papers and exams I had done the A and B had always been an integer!
    Anyway, I couldn't do prove the parametric...it did not occur to me that sin(t+pi/2) i had to use the sin(A+B) rule! i pretended to get it with fiddling. Also i couldnt do the formation of differentail equation, did not realise that SA would be 6x^2... ahh also the last part, i got my C to be 3 but my t was 3 as well luckily... i guess two wrongs make a right!

ReputationRep:
    Questions 1, 6 and 7 werent that bad, and maybe parts of the vector one too, but the others...

ReputationRep:
    I thought the paper was ok (ish)...much better than c3 at least!! I managed to at least answer everything except the cartesian equation thing...couldnt for the life of me work that one out!!! Think i messed up the vectors question even though i did one just like it this morning! annoyingness

Hopefully as s2 was ok too my marks will average out to an A...fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    I thought the paper was ok (ish)...much better than c3 at least!! I managed to at least answer everything except the cartesian equation thing...couldnt for the life of me work that one out!!! Think i messed up the vectors question even though i did one just like it this morning! annoyingness

Hopefully as s2 was ok too my marks will average out to an A...fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    Here r some answers:

The gradient for the normal was -7/2

The binomial expanded as -1-x+4x^3 (A was -1.5 and B was 0.5)

The value of the area of the graph (the one in the shape of a hump) was 12
    The volume was 9pi^2

the ratio AP:PB was 2:3 or 3:2 (i dont remember correcctly)

In the last question t was 3.

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.