The Student Room Group

Confused why I got rejected.

This is what my conditional offer said.

This offer is subject to you obtaining a total of 240 UCAS tariff points to include 160 points from two full GCE A-Level subjects or equivalent level qualification plus pass in GCSE Mathematics and English with a Grade C or above

I didn't understand it, so I emailed them and they said I only need 160 UCAS points from my BTEC course which I was doing at college, and the GCSE part did not matter because I've got Level 2 Functional Skills which is equivalent to C grade.

So then my BTEC results came and they showed that I got 160 UCAS points which is what I was told I needed but still got rejected. I phoned them up and they said I needed 240 points, and then I phoned them up again and they said I also need C grade or above in GCSE. So it means the person I emailed lied to me about only needing 160 UCAS points and not needing GCSE C grade or above. :mad:
Reply 1
Original post by h4mza
This is what my conditional offer said.

This offer is subject to you obtaining a total of 240 UCAS tariff points to include 160 points from two full GCE A-Level subjects or equivalent level qualification plus pass in GCSE Mathematics and English with a Grade C or above

I didn't understand it, so I emailed them and they said I only need 160 UCAS points from my BTEC course which I was doing at college, and the GCSE part did not matter because I've got Level 2 Functional Skills which is equivalent to C grade.

So then my BTEC results came and they showed that I got 160 UCAS points which is what I was told I needed but still got rejected. I phoned them up and they said I needed 240 points, and then I phoned them up again and they said I also need C grade or above in GCSE. So it means the person I emailed lied to me about only needing 160 UCAS points and not needing GCSE C grade or above. :mad:

The 160 could come from the Btec but it is pretty clear that you needed an additional 80 points

The maths bit - if you had achieved the 240 points then that would be worth chasing up
Reply 2
It's as TenOfThem said, you needed 240 points in total; 160 from either 2 A-Levels or your BTEC plus a further 80 from any other method of your choice, e.g another A-Level.
Reply 3
However, if you still have the email explaining it to you and it explicitly says ONLY 160 points then do take it up with them as then this would be their fault, not yours.
Reply 4
Well this was BTEC Level 3 which I was doing when they said I need 160 points from, previously I've done Level 1 and Level 2 so thought the rest of 80 points would count up from there :confused:
Reply 5
In BTEC,160 UCAS points is equivalent to grades DDE at `A` Level.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending