Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Messing up at sixth form! Watch

• View Poll Results: University chances?
    Possible to get AAB
    50.00%
    Not possible to get AAB
    50.00%

ReputationRep:
    I just got my first year of A-Levels results back. I got EDDU. I cannot say that I tried my best. The course that I want to get into requires AAB to study Business Management at Aston University. I performed abysmally in the summer exams and re-sitting a year is not an option so I shall be re-sitting all possible exams. University is a necessity for me and there are no alternatives. I watched as all of my friends got a scatter of As and Bs, not Es and Ds like me. How can I improve from EDD for the three subject I want to continue with and get AAB in the end? Even if I did so, would Aston even still accept me or would I still have to go through clearing? If there are any tips on how to actually perform AMAZINGLY, these will be very much appreciated. Is there even any hope left for me...?

ReputationRep:
    Well if you get EDD you need to try get decent predictions, which tbh is very very unlikely unless teachers know about what happened, but even then they will be reluctant than giving no higher than a B
    (I mean whats not to say it will happen again)

Are the subjects even right for you? A fresh batch may be a better alternative from my pov, though i realise this isnt always possible

Its very likely without the required predictions, you may not get an offer from Aston due to the competitiveness of the course.
    Its likely you will go through adjustment if your fully serious about changing your grades though. A lot more universities allow this due to the new quotas.

ReputationRep:
    You from birmingham? Yes they would accept you if you got the results, just take my advice, resit the year. You will NOT recover EDDU I am telling you that now, resit the year and start a fresh.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.