Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can you go through clearing without a UCAS application? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys,

Apologies in advance if this question has a blazingly obvious answer!

Just as title really - I've been out of education since 2009 - and have since put my uni career on hold to have my daughter, then waiting until my partner graduated.

I was planning on re applying next year, but have seen a course available through clearing that I would LOVE to apply for.

Would I have to apply through UCAS to be entered into clearing, or can I just call the university clearing line and apply that way?

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emzizozo)
    Hi Guys,

Apologies in advance if this question has a blazingly obvious answer!

Just as title really - I've been out of education since 2009 - and have since put my uni career on hold to have my daughter, then waiting until my partner graduated.

I was planning on re applying next year, but have seen a course available through clearing that I would LOVE to apply for.

Would I have to apply through UCAS to be entered into clearing, or can I just call the university clearing line and apply that way?

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
    To my knowledge, clearing is only available to those who have made an application for that application cycle, and even then are circumstances you have to be in, like no offers, exceeded offers etc. So in short, no you can't.

I may be wrong, you can still contact the university if you like, even if they say no, you can use it as an opportunity to gather some info about the course, as well other stuff.
    http://www.ucas.com/how-it-all-works...have-no-offers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nerd2)
    To my knowledge, clearing is only available to those who have made an application for that application cycle, and even then are circumstances you have to be in, like no offers, exceeded offers etc. So in short, no you can't.

I may be wrong, you can still contact the university if you like, even if they say no, you can use it as an opportunity to gather some info about the course, as well other stuff.
    http://www.ucas.com/how-it-all-works...have-no-offers
    Thank you for your reply

I was wondering if I filled out my application for UCAS now - would I automatically be entered into clearing. I suppose it would be worth a shot in the off chance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emzizozo)
    Thank you for your reply

I was wondering if I filled out my application for UCAS now - would I automatically be entered into clearing. I suppose it would be worth a shot in the off chance.
    Yeah you can still apply for this application cycle, it's worth a shot. To answer your question, yes you will be entered into clearing as you will hold no offers.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    I work in clearing for a London university and the answer to your question is you must have a UCAS application to have a clearing number! If you don't we advise people to sign up online and make a UCAS application. Do not worry about people receiving a level results. UCAS Is always open however if you are intrested to join a uni now then you have upto the 20th to do so.

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou that's very helpful!

I've spent the last hour doing my personal statement - will get reference sorted tomorrow hopefully and then apply.

Fingers crossed they still have spaces!

ReputationRep:
    Which uni are you planning to apply for ? I am aware there is alot of spaces and usually there is extended clearing till the 23rd but only some universities are involved. Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Glasgow university!

ReputationRep:
    The Russell group university like the one you stated would be finishing clearing on the 20th non Russell Universities exempt Scottish and northern Ireland universities will be finishing clearing on 23rd of August

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.