Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm new to this forum so apologise for any mistake.
    Basically I applied Edinburgh Uni as my firmed choice and got told that I didn't meet the condition (BBB, I got CCC ..) and I'm still waiting response from Coventry which is my insurance (BCC), however my psychology grade is marginally close to a B (3 UMS marks).
    I have already decided to contact Coventry around 8am today to check what's going on and is it possible that they are still considering my application and maybe accept me?
    If I got rejected and into clearing can somebody to give me some suggestions about courses related to psychology or forensic. I did A2 Biology, Math and Psychology plus a AS chemistry.

ReputationRep:
    OP ignore the above poster, clearly a nasty troll who has gone around all day make shi*ty comments about everyone!
    Give Coventry a call in the morning, explain your circumstances - it's worth a go.
    Have a look in clearing for any places avaliable for the course you want.. . if not find out what else interests you (you didn't put what degree you want to study, but anything like forensic science looks ideal)
    Good luck! Here to help if you need and welcome to TSR

ReputationRep:
    You could play the option of two cards, apply through clearing (perhaps other universities if Cov don't accept worst case scenrario) and third year (as in my sixth form, not everyone guaranteed a place). If you get accepted for a third year, yes it may be long, but you'll have another chance to go to Edinburgh which I presume is a better uni than Coventry,. Up to you though.

ReputationRep:
    My sister didn't reach her requirements but still got in to a Russell group uni don't panic there's no point, think calmly and try contact them. It is always worth it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH-786)
    You could play the option of two cards, apply through clearing (perhaps other universities if Cov don't accept worst case scenrario) and third year (as in my sixth form, not everyone guaranteed a place). If you get accepted for a third year, yes it may be long, but you'll have another chance to go to Edinburgh which I presume is a better uni than Coventry,. Up to you though.
    I am an international student, doing an extra year is rather complicate and difficult for me so I would rather go to University. Would pick a softer course in Coventry like forensic biology if I really end up in clearing. Thx for the help.

ReputationRep:
    I found 2 courses in Coventry that my grade can get accepted: Forensic and biological sciences CF94 and biomedical science B940.. Are they viable choices for me? Both of them only require CCC

ReputationRep:
    I'm very sorry OP that you did not get the desired results.

ReputationRep:
    Apply to Middlesex

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey!
    Firstly, you really didn't get bad results! They're good, A levels are tough!
    I applied to Coventry University to do the Biological and Forensic Sciences course, it looks really interesting!
    I found out I got ABB as my results yesterday, so it's quite a lot higher than the entry requirements Coventry wanted (CCC), but I really like the sound of the course so that doesn't matter to me.
    I'd say read thoroughly into the courses you're considering on the university websites before making any decisions, and if you want any advice then message me Hope you get a place sorted
    Laura x x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauramayxxxx)
    Hey!
    Firstly, you really didn't get bad results! They're good, A levels are tough!
    I applied to Coventry University to do the Biological and Forensic Sciences course, it looks really interesting!
    I found out I got ABB as my results yesterday, so it's quite a lot higher than the entry requirements Coventry wanted (CCC), but I really like the sound of the course so that doesn't matter to me.
    I'd say read thoroughly into the courses you're considering on the university websites before making any decisions, and if you want any advice then message me Hope you get a place sorted
    Laura x x
    Are you liking the course? How is living in Coventry like?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishyy)
    I'm new to this forum so apologise for any mistake.
    Basically I applied Edinburgh Uni as my firmed choice and got told that I didn't meet the condition (BBB, I got CCC ..) and I'm still waiting response from Coventry which is my insurance (BCC), however my psychology grade is marginally close to a B (3 UMS marks).
    I have already decided to contact Coventry around 8am today to check what's going on and is it possible that they are still considering my application and maybe accept me?
    If I got rejected and into clearing can somebody to give me some suggestions about courses related to psychology or forensic. I did A2 Biology, Math and Psychology plus a AS chemistry.
    Hi, sorry to hear about your situation now.

However, there are always ways to turn it around. ONCAMPUS Coventry is based on the campus of Coventry University. If you study at ONCAMPUS Coventry you can achieve progression to a range of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees at Coventry University on successful completion of your Foundation programme.

Please have a look at our website: http://www.oncampus.global/uk/coventry-university.htm

If you have more questions, please let me know. My email is [email protected]

Good luck!

Lingyu

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.