Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    OK so I just got my results for AS and they are as follows ;
    A in welsh bacc ( good pass )
    B in maths pure and mechanics
    B in chemistry
    C in biology

I want to do medicine, is there any chance of me getting in to any uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Short answer: No.

Medicine really requires A's straight out of college.

The only other route is graduate entry. Get a degree and apply through ukcat or GAMSAT because then they won't look at your A Levels only your degree classification. Get a 2:1 and you have a gd shot although 2:2 can still get you in but it's more difficult.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yemeth)
    Short answer: No.

Medicine really requires A's straight out of college.

The only other route is graduate entry. Get a degree and apply through ukcat or GAMSAT because then they won't look at your A Levels only your degree classification. Get a 2:1 and you have a gd shot although 2:2 can still get you in but it's more difficult.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Can't really say how much I disagree with this. For A levels straight As are mandatory, but this guy is talking about his AS results. I think it might be a bit difficult applying straight away but a lot of universities don't take AS results into consideration as private schools aren't required to release them, a lot however do, first two I can think of are Sheffield and Keele, require all B grades at AS. You might get an offer from some medical schools, you need to turn your AS grades into As overall though to meet that offer, maybe resit some modules. Had a friend who got BBBC in AS and got 3As overall. If you don't get a 3A prediction your best bet is working your arse off and proving your teachers wrong by getting 3As then apply with you achieved A levels.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.