Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    OK so I just got my results for AS and they are as follows ;
    A in welsh bacc ( good pass )
    B in maths pure and mechanics
    B in chemistry
    C in biology

I want to do medicine, is there any chance of me getting in to any uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taji3601234)
    OK so I just got my results for AS and they are as follows ;
    A in welsh bacc ( good pass )
    B in maths pure and mechanics
    B in chemistry
    C in biology

I want to do medicine, is there any chance of me getting in to any uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What GCSEs did you get and what UKCAT have you got?

ReputationRep:
    My GCSE's didn't go well
    CCC in biology, chemistry and physics
    A in maths
    CC in English
    DD in health and social care
    B in Arabic
    D in design and technology

I am currently revising for the UKCAT

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    its up to the uni

ReputationRep:
    I think it depends what university you wish to apply for. For top end universities, e.g. Cambridge, you may not have a chance, unfortunately. However, other Universities might. Though, if you promise to try hard in uni and set your mind to it, I'm sure you could get an A in the C-grade subjects, and an A*/A in the B-grade/A-grade subject! But I think you should start revising now. And make sure you get a good UKCAT score too (and BMAT if you're considering the top unis). I think unis that accept offers such as BBB or ABB would not be much of a problem to you. And worse come to worse, you can always do something else (e.g. General Practice instead of surgeon)? There are some options if you do not get into the desired uni. There is HOPE! What I would also suggest is maybe try and talk with your guidance/careers counsellor, or your teacher. They will help you better and inform you what to do next. Hope I helped

Oh and yes there is a chance of you getting into A uni. For example, some unis (well I can't quite remember the name now), well, they accept BBC grades, which I think is quite alright. So when you apply, do it realistically

ReputationRep:
    My GCSE's didn't go well
    CCC in biology, chemistry and physics
    A in maths
    CC in English
    DD in health and social care
    B in Arabic
    D in design and technology

I am currently revising for the UKCAT

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I believe most places require a B and above in English Language GCSE, if not done at AS. So I assume not directly. Ask the admissions office whether they take alternative English exam as a substitute, but I don't think it'd be possible easily. To quote UCL:

"All UK candidates, or those who have received their secondary education in the UK, must offer GCSE (or IGCSE,
    O-level, IB or EB equivalent) at grade B or above in both English Language and Mathematic"

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys, really helped :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys, really helped :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You welcome

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.