Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone ever done this for a stuffy nose? You make a lukewarm and mildy salty solution and basically snort it..

I have serious sinus congestion atm, blocked/stuffy ears, blocked nose, headache. Tempted to try it but I HATE the sting from getting water up my nose swimming and don't want to induce it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RollerBall)
    Anyone ever done this for a stuffy nose? You make a lukewarm and mildy salty solution and basically snort it..

I have serious sinus congestion atm, blocked/stuffy ears, blocked nose, headache. Tempted to try it but I HATE the sting from getting water up my nose swimming and don't want to induce it.
    If your ears are blocked it won't work so I suggest you go to pharmacy and ask them for decongestants like sudafed. Which you can take for about 3-5 days. (It will say on the packet.)

If you then have a repeat bout you need to go and see your GP.

I had a few bouts of acute sinusitis then suffered from 4 years of chronic sinusitis. Which is why I know your symptoms.

If you smoke stop and if you have allergies of any type get them controlled.

ReputationRep:
    Try Sterimar, I use it for my chronic rhino sinusitis and nasal polyps , it only helps if the sinuses are unblocked but mine are always blocked soo it doesn't work at its optimum - but other people find using Sterimar really useful , you should try it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I haven't, but I want to. I have rubbish sinuses and allergic rhinitis and I end up on steroids a few times a year. From what I've read, it seems pretty effective.

*Subscribes and sees how OP gets on*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachel.h)
    I haven't, but I want to. I have rubbish sinuses and allergic rhinitis and I end up on steroids a few times a year. From what I've read, it seems pretty effective.

*Subscribes and sees how OP gets on*
    If your operation is for polyps ,I've had two operations now, and each time they have grown back / symptoms have occurred again within less than 1 month of surgery. After the second OP I got a really bad sinus infection, i still have this problem and know another operation won't solve my bizzare nasal condition .
    But really hope your operation goes well

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Math.Goddess)
    Try Sterimar, I use it for my chronic rhino sinusitis and nasal polyps , it only helps if the sinuses are unblocked but mine are always blocked soo it doesn't work at its optimum - but other people find using Sterimar really useful , you should try it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I second this. Sterimar is great... Which reminds me I better go buy some!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 17, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.