ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone. I've been using TSR for quite some time now, especially when I was studying for my GCSE's (omg don't even want to think about result's day :eek:) and so I decided I might as well make an account on here. Unsure why I decided 4am was a good time for this but my sleeping patterns are all types of weird right now.
    Anyway... Just wanted to say hi.

ReputationRep:
    Hi :hi:

ReputationRep:
    Welcome officially to :tsr:

Good Luck on your exams

ReputationRep:
    HI! I'm new too! What do you do for GCSEs?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for the welcome! Haha, I hope so too but I'll try not to stress too much.
    (Original post by theJdog)
    HI! I'm new too! What do you do for GCSEs?
    We can be newbies together lol. Well, I took English Lang and Lit, Maths, Stats, Triple Science, History, Media, French, R.S. (short course), Citizenship (was forced to do that annoying subject), Art and Computing.
    What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JennaK)
    Thank you for the welcome! Haha, I hope so too but I'll try not to stress too much.

We can be newbies together lol. Well, I took English Lang and Lit, Maths, Stats, Triple Science, History, Media, French, R.S. (short course), Citizenship (was forced to do that annoying subject), Art and Computing.
    What about you?
    I took almost the same things! I got English Lang and Lit, Maths, Triple Science, History, Spanish, R.S. (short too!) and Photography! Just waiting for the results now Kill me now.:ashamed::afraid::ahhhhh::banghead::bawling: So have you finished year 10 now? I'm in year 11 going into year 12.

ReputationRep:
    I took almost the same things! I got English Lang and Lit, Maths, Triple Science, History, Spanish, R.S. (short too!) and Photography! Just waiting for the results now Kill me now.:ashamed::afraid::ahhhhh::banghead::bawling: So have you finished year 10 now? I'm in year 11 going into year 12.
    Yeah, we actually did take quite similar stuff. Ah, I actually really wanted to do Photography but my school removed that and made it A Level only. >.< I know, I can't go an hour without worrying but I guess there is no point as we can't change it.
    I'm in year 11 too!! Are you going to a college/sixth form and if so, what do you want to take?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, we actually did take quite similar stuff. Ah, I actually really wanted to do Photography but my school removed that and made it A Level only. >.< I know, I can't go an hour without worrying but I guess there is no point as we can't change it.
    I'm in year 11 too!! Are you going to a college/sixth form and if so, what do you want to take?
    Oh no! Well, I hoped you enjoyed it! That was going to be my second option! And aw do not fret my child, I'm sure you have aced your exams! Let us not dwell on the past, lol. And I'm going to sixth form atm, and am taking Bio, Chem, Psycho, and Maths Statistics. Me and my friend have taken the same option so we're probably gonna be in the same classes! What about you?? And what career path do you want to take? I wanna probably do Medicine.

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm new here too, although I've been pretty much stalking this website for over a year now...

Anyways, Good luck on your exam results!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TalkingLion)
    Hey I'm new here too, although I've been pretty much stalking this website for over a year now...

Anyways, Good luck on your exam results!
    Hello! I know the feeling haha... At least we both finally did it lol.
    Thanks, I need it! And same to you.

ReputationRep:
    Oh no! Well, I hoped you enjoyed it! That was going to be my second option! And aw do not fret my child, I'm sure you have aced your exams! Let us not dwell on the past, lol. And I'm going to sixth form atm, and am taking Bio, Chem, Psycho, and Maths Statistics. Me and my friend have taken the same option so we're probably gonna be in the same classes! What about you?? And what career path do you want to take? I wanna probably do Medicine.
    Yeah, I'm going to a sixth form too. Actually the one at my secondary school. I'm taking Bio, Chem, Maths and History.
    Wow, just wow. This is actually getting funny now!! I actually want to get into Medicine too or Pharmacy if I don't do too well as Medicine is VERY competitive. People keep saying you need like a billion A*'s and tonnes of work experience.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'm going to a sixth form too. Actually the one at my secondary school. I'm taking Bio, Chem, Maths and History.
    Wow, just wow. This is actually getting funny now!! I actually want to get into Medicine too or Pharmacy if I don't do too well as Medicine is VERY competitive. People keep saying you need like a billion A*'s and tonnes of work experience.
    *squeals*!! This is so funny! I want to choose between either History or Psychology, depending on what course is best for me and my GCSE grades And I might do either Dentistry (though not too keen on that), Pharmacy (again, *squeals!*) or something else. And no, you don't need a billion A*'s. Yes, that does slightly depend on what uni you wish to go to. Where do you want to go? Oh and as for work experience, then the more the better, but obviously if you have the grades then this doesn't matter that much. However, people mainly do work experience to see what work is like if they were to get into that field, and so they can make that vital decision of what they want to do.

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone. I've been using TSR for quite some time now, especially when I was studying for my GCSE's (omg don't even want to think about result's day :eek:) and so I decided I might as well make an account on here. Unsure why I decided 4am was a good time for this but my sleeping patterns are all types of weird right now.
    Anyway... Just wanted to say hi.
    Hello! Best of luck for gcse results day!

My sleeping patterns are weird too!
    I need to be sticking to my normal sleeping times before september!

ReputationRep:
    *squeals*!! This is so funny! I want to choose between either History or Psychology, depending on what course is best for me and my GCSE grades And I might do either Dentistry (though not too keen on that), Pharmacy (again, *squeals!*) or something else. And no, you don't need a billion A*'s. Yes, that does slightly depend on what uni you wish to go to. Where do you want to go? Oh and as for work experience, then the more the better, but obviously if you have the grades then this doesn't matter that much. However, people mainly do work experience to see what work is like if they were to get into that field, and so they can make that vital decision of what they want to do.
    A lot of people seem to want to do Psychology at my school for some reason, I think it is a really interesting A Level and if I was suicidal enough to choose five options then that would be my fifth choice. I was thinking about Dentistry too but I'm not sure about it but it will definitely be a back up if Medicine doesn't work out. Hopefully not, haha. Hmm... I think I would like to go to Kings College, UCL, Barts and the London or St George's (this one would be ideal as it is ridiculously close, only have to take one bus). I have been thinking about Imperial as a lot of people say how great it is but I'm unsure still. What about you?
    Yes, that is true. Grades really do matter the most in my opinion and so I am going to work really hard in sixth form and not get distracted. What would your ideal work experience be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity_4652)
    Hello! Best of luck for gcse results day!

My sleeping patterns are weird too!
    I need to be sticking to my normal sleeping times before september!
    Thank you!! I hope your A levels have gone well too and that you are doing a lot of celebrating.
    Haha, I will try to get back to normal but it's gonna be hard.

ReputationRep:
    A lot of people seem to want to do Psychology at my school for some reason, I think it is a really interesting A Level and if I was suicidal enough to choose five options then that would be my fifth choice. I was thinking about Dentistry too but I'm not sure about it but it will definitely be a back up if Medicine doesn't work out. Hopefully not, haha. Hmm... I think I would like to go to Kings College, UCL, Barts and the London or St George's (this one would be ideal as it is ridiculously close, only have to take one bus). I have been thinking about Imperial as a lot of people say how great it is but I'm unsure still. What about you?
    Yes, that is true. Grades really do matter the most in my opinion and so I am going to work really hard in sixth form and not get distracted. What would your ideal work experience be?
    Yh, it's crazy how many people take Psychology in our year. It's because in our syllabus, you learn how to cope with stress, and memory, which would be VERY beneficial when we do our A-Level exams, as we would know how to cope with it. LOL, but it is very interesting, so yeah I might just do that. It's my first choice out of History. And lol I think I'd die if I took a fifth A-Level. And I hope medicine works out too! Oh and I want to go UCL, Imperial, Oxford (if I can get in, though highly unlikely ) and St Georges, though I'm not too sure . . . I don't want to aim for very high universities and then find out that I haven't gotten into either of them. So I'm going to pick realistically. And I think Imperial is also great! It's my third choice. And aw you're lucky! It would take me 1/2 buses and a tube ride to get to these unis, and if I go to Oxford, I would need to stay there. There is no way in hell that I am going to travel 3 hours back and forth every day!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Hi! My name is Fahima Hope you have a lovely time on the Forum. And I'm happy to help if you need any. Also, Good Luck for results day!

ReputationRep:
    Yh, it's crazy how many people take Psychology in our year. It's because in our syllabus, you learn how to cope with stress, and memory, which would be VERY beneficial when we do our A-Level exams, as we would know how to cope with it. LOL, but it is very interesting, so yeah I might just do that. It's my first choice out of History. And lol I think I'd die if I took a fifth A-Level. And I hope medicine works out too! Oh and I want to go UCL, Imperial, Oxford (if I can get in, though highly unlikely ) and St Georges, though I'm not too sure . . . I don't want to aim for very high universities and then find out that I haven't gotten into either of them. So I'm going to pick realistically. And I think Imperial is also great! It's my third choice. And aw you're lucky! It would take me 1/2 buses and a tube ride to get to these unis, and if I go to Oxford, I would need to stay there. There is no way in hell that I am going to travel 3 hours back and forth every day!
    Haha, yes I can see how Psychology would be a useful subject to take then. Some people do but I wouldn't, mainly because unis don't actually care if you have done a fifth as they are only really looking for Bio, Chem and Maths/Physics so it doesn't make much of a difference. I think you should definitely try for Oxford as it is good to dream high. You could do one high risk one, two medium risks and one low risk uni maybe? Ah, yes that is a bit of a journey. When you go to uni, do you think you'll want to stay at home with parents or get some accommodation somewhere else? Lol, I know it's still a bit early but I have been thinking a little about this for some reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MsFahima)
    Hi! My name is Fahima Hope you have a lovely time on the Forum. And I'm happy to help if you need any. Also, Good Luck for results day!
    It's nice to meet you, Fahima! Thanks for the lovely welcome and I'll be sure to ask for help if I have any questions about things. Haha, thank you very much.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, yes I can see how Psychology would be a useful subject to take then. Some people do but I wouldn't, mainly because unis don't actually care if you have done a fifth as they are only really looking for Bio, Chem and Maths/Physics so it doesn't make much of a difference. I think you should definitely try for Oxford as it is good to dream high. You could do one high risk one, two medium risks and one low risk uni maybe? Ah, yes that is a bit of a journey. When you go to uni, do you think you'll want to stay at home with parents or get some accommodation somewhere else? Lol, I know it's still a bit early but I have been thinking a little about this for some reason.
    Oh and to answer your previous question, I think doing shadowing is perfect! You can really see how doctors work - though it is tough to get this! And yeah, your right It's usually the main 4 options, though I don't understand why unis would rather have Chemistry as compulsory, and biology as a preferred but non-compulsory subject. I mean, in Biology (well in our syllabus) we learn of the body, whereas in Chemistry we just learn of chemicals (and other stuff, but I've forgotten now ). And yh, that's what I'm thinking, but maybe it would be two low risk, one medium risk and one high risk. And I would like to stay with my parents, but if it is very far away, and would take more than an hour to get there and back and wastes time on the journey, then I may as well stay at the hostel, or even share with a flatmate! Though that would mean I would have to earn and work my butt of! It's all so exciting! I really want to go uni and live out (even if it's for a short amount of time - e.g. 4 months before exams or something)!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry got a bit hyper!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered welcome lounge threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.