Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have got verbal offers from both and I am having a really hard time choosing between them they are both prestigious and in Russel Group. I need help ASAP please as there are limited spaces in clearing Thanks

NOW IT IS SHEFFIELD VS QUEEN MARY

ReputationRep:
    I would rather live in london.

ReputationRep:
    They're both pretty different in terms of areas. London is more busy and I guess what some may call exciting, but York is so cute and pretty haha, whenever we visit my brother at York it reminds me of Harry Potter where they have the shops. What degree are you doing? My brother was torn between York and Queen Marys like you. He chose york because my parents wanted queen marys because london as a stereotype sounds more prestigious, but York is better for law (2nd or something for law) and the area suited him better. There are probably other reasons too but I personally don't know too in depth info about the unis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monica95)
    They're both pretty different in terms of areas. London is more busy and I guess what some may call exciting, but York is so cute and pretty haha, whenever we visit my brother at York it reminds me of Harry Potter where they have the shops. What degree are you doing? My brother was torn between York and Queen Marys like you. He chose york because my parents wanted queen marys because london as a stereotype sounds more prestigious, but York is better for law (2nd or something for law) and the area suited him better. There are probably other reasons too but I personally don't know too in depth info about the unis
    hi
    i know this seems out of place but can you please help me decide between kings college and brunel . i want to study BA english literature and creative writing . i also want to go to the one that has a better location and better stores and better nightlife.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AAfifi)
    I have got verbal offers from both and I am having a really hard time choosing between them they are both prestigious and in Russel Group. I need help ASAP please as there are limited spaces in clearing Thanks
    Have you compared the courses at both?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sg_2425)
    hi
    i know this seems out of place but can you please help me decide between kings college and brunel . i want to study BA english literature and creative writing . i also want to go to the one that has a better location and better stores and better nightlife.
    King's and Brunel? No brainer, King's!
    Russel, top uni, world class, beautiful Waterloo campus, both are London so nightlife will be wild at both. Go for King's!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monica95)
    I am doing electronic engineering and computing also now I have Sheffield in the mix

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissBetBet)
    King's and Brunel? No brainer, King's!
    Russel, top uni, world class, beautiful Waterloo campus, both are London so nightlife will be wild at both. Go for King's!
    thankyou

ReputationRep:
    I am doing electronic engineering and computing also now I have Sheffield in the mix
    Have you made a decision OP?

ReputationRep:
    Is it that exact course? course im a 3rd year comp eng student, basically same thing they are just the changed name.
    Sheffield would be it....................in my honest opinion there are so much issues with the current EECS department at qmul, i tried making a thread with thorough detail but haven't finished it.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2339138

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iqbal007)
    Is it that exact course? course im a 3rd year comp eng student, basically same thing they are just the changed name.
    Sheffield would be it....................in my honest opinion there are so much issues with the current EECS department at qmul, i tried making a thread with thorough detail but haven't finished it.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2339138
    The only thing i got out of this thread is to avoid Dr. Mondragon

ReputationRep:
    The only thing i got out of this thread is to avoid Dr. Mondragon
    Yeah its still a work in progress, but theres poor support and well a mate of mine is trying to go back to Westminster uni (did his foundation year there), because simply they actually do proper engineering, very poor support at qmul, poor resources especially when it comes to electrical engineering and a lack of projects and hands on engineering.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iqbal007)
    Yeah its still a work in progress, but theres poor support and well a mate of mine is trying to go back to Westminster uni (did his foundation year there), because simply they actually do proper engineering, very poor support at qmul, poor resources especially when it comes to electrical engineering and a lack of projects and hands on engineering.
    Wow that is a shock I've read a lot of good stuff about QMUL this making me reconsider

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sg_2425)
    hi
    King's College has a far better reputation and you'll be in London. I'd personally recommend that one.

ReputationRep:
    Going solely on reputation, I'd say York.

ReputationRep:
    Wow that is a shock I've read a lot of good stuff about QMUL this making me reconsider
    Its specifically to do with the electrical engineering side of the course, its lacking even behind westminister uni :lolwut:
    Computer science is ok, apart from one lecturer in your 2nd semseter in 1st year, Pasquale literally appalling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caits7)
    Going solely on reputation, I'd say York.
    York is cold and the city is not fun so i removed it now it is Sheffield vs Queen Mary

ReputationRep:
    York is cold and the city is not fun so i removed it now it is Sheffield vs Queen Mary
    Being cold really shouldn't be an issue when choosing an academic institution! Also York is a beautiful city - depends if you appreciate the finer things in life...

Sheffield is generally pretty miserable so out of those two go with QM.

ReputationRep:
    It completely depends on which course you prefer! If you think you like them equally then it's up to you, but personally I'd rather go to Sheffield Just I think living there will be much cheaper than London! Also it's more well known as being a good Uni (not that it's reputation that should be the decider) but still, it helps Also I've heard that despite the fact London is an amazing city to live in, it can sometimes lack a "student vibe" just because it's so huge!

Either way though, both are good Unis!

ReputationRep:
    Sheffield, home of the arctic monkeys ^_^ and in a lot of league tables, does a bit better than Queen Mary.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.