Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it possible to get AAA at A level with ABC at AS? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So this is what I achieved for AS:

English literature: C
    Maths: E (dropping)
    Psychology: B
    Sociology: A

I met my targets for Psychology and Sociology but missed my target for English by a grade. Is it worth resitting English in order to achieve a B or A? Also what grades would I need to achieve at A2 in order to get AAA in total?

ReputationRep:
    You can average A in A2 while having Cs in AS.

C = 60% UMS.
    If you get full UMS in A2, that averages to 80%.

If you get a high C such as 68%, you only need 92% in A2 to make it into an A*.

So, it is very possible my friend. Good luck.

(Original post by Sayonara)

C = 60% UMS.

If you get a high C such as 68%, you only need 92% in A2 to make it into an A.

"only" 92%

I think the OP would be better off retaking some AS exams alongside some A2 exams to make it a bit easier.

ReputationRep:
      It is very possible with the A and the B however with the C in English it may be a little harder. I advise you really try to excel in your next piece of English coursework to give yourself a comfortable footing for the exam next Summer. I got a C at English Lit AS and came out with a B yesterday (what I wanted). It will be hard work but I think it might be possible.

This is if you are not considering resists.

P.S. those are great results well done.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Sayonara)

C = 60% UMS.

If you get a high C such as 68%, you only need 92% in A2 to make it into an A.

OP would get an A* if that happened. 80% overall + 90% over A2...

ReputationRep:
      Contrary to what everyone is saying, no it is not possible to get AAA....

But it is possible to get A*AA!

The A you can still get an A in, the B you could increase to an A, unless it's 70%, then you could only get an A*.

For the C even if you got 69% (hehe), you would still need at least 91% at A2, since for an A* you need 80% average over AS and A2 and 90%+ at A2 you would get an A*

ReputationRep:
      Should I resit English? I got an A for my coursework but a C for the actual exam with made it a C overall. I'm confident that I can get another A for coursework in A2 but I'm not sure about the exam.

Thanks for the advice everyone

(Original post by MimiGreene)

I met my targets for Psychology and Sociology but missed my target for English by a grade. Is it worth resitting English in order to achieve a B or A? Also what grades would I need to achieve at A2 in order to get AAA in total?
        I got ABC in AS as well. This year I finished with AAB. I got full marks in my January Psychology paper which brought it up to an A from a B.

I received a C in AS for English Lit and because I got one off an A* in my A2 paper it brought it up to a B, I am however retaking my AS English Lit paper during my gap year to level it to an A. So yes, more than possible.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
        Should I resit English? I got an A for my coursework but a C for the actual exam with made it a C overall. I'm confident that I can get another A for coursework in A2 but I'm not sure about the exam.

Thanks for the advice everyone
        I would not recommend resiting English as it would take focus away from other subjects and it requires learning a lot of things again. Try talking to your teacher to see what he/she thinks. However, remember you can improve exam technique for English throughout the year!

ReputationRep:
        i got AAB at AS in biology (91%), chemistry (82%) and Religous studies (75%)

would it be possible for me to achieve AAA? I am also retaking one of the religous studies units to bring that B to an A

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Miladrises)
        i got AAB at AS in biology (91%), chemistry (82%) and Religous studies (75%)

would it be possible for me to achieve AAA? I am also retaking one of the religous studies units to bring that B to an A
        Well of course it would be possible for you.. you already have AAB.

ReputationRep:

If you're going for AAA resit some of your AS modules. you can't get an A from a C without resits, you can get an A* though.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
      Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.