Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm Holly and I'm starting at Wasall in September. I'm so nervous. Is anyone starting from Telford area? I'm from Broseley and going to have to get the shuttle from Telford so I'm going to be late half the time unless they change the times and I'm so worried now that I'm not going to cope. I will be behind before we've even started. There are roadworks atm so I will have to get a taxi to telford as the bus timetable has changed for the duration so i'm going to be forking out loads of money before I even get to the shuttle and I'm worried I wont be able to get home to see my kids each evening. does anyone want to car-share? I don't drive so cant take a turn but i'm willing to pay my way. And I'm struggling to understand the timetable... Please tell me someone else has lots of worries!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollywilliams22)
    Hi, I'm Holly and I'm starting at Wasall in September. I'm so nervous. Is anyone starting from Telford area? I'm from Broseley and going to have to get the shuttle from Telford so I'm going to be late half the time unless they change the times and I'm so worried now that I'm not going to cope. I will be behind before we've even started. There are roadworks atm so I will have to get a taxi to telford as the bus timetable has changed for the duration so i'm going to be forking out loads of money before I even get to the shuttle and I'm worried I wont be able to get home to see my kids each evening. does anyone want to car-share? I don't drive so cant take a turn but i'm willing to pay my way. And I'm struggling to understand the timetable... Please tell me someone else has lots of worries!!!
    Hi Holly, I am going to be studying the BEd Primary course too. Unfortunately I don't live in the Telford area, I'm a little nearer than that (Walsall). Do you know the university runs a shuttle bus that takes you directly to each of the campuses (Telford, City and Walsall) for free of charge. It may be worth having a look at the timetable it will be updated soon: http://www.wlv.ac.uk/default.aspx?page=21001. You're not going to fall behind though everyone is new and going to be in similar positions. Hope you can get it sorted soon.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, r u looking forward to starting? yes I intend on getting the shuttle but my problem is that unless they update the timetable I arrive at quarter to 10 missing early lectures. and because of roadworks the bus I get to telford so I can catch the shuttle is now going to b late so I need a taxi there. I don't think I will hav enough money to get there after a few days. Have u bought any of the books to read? theres loads and I searched for a few on whsmith but it came over a hundred pounds for just a few... I know I tend to over react but I have good reason lol

ReputationRep:
    Hi, r u looking forward to starting? yes I intend on getting the shuttle but my problem is that unless they update the timetable I arrive at quarter to 10 missing early lectures. and because of roadworks the bus I get to telford so I can catch the shuttle is now going to b late so I need a taxi there. I don't think I will hav enough money to get there after a few days. Have u bought any of the books to read? theres loads and I searched for a few on whsmith but it came over a hundred pounds for just a few... I know I tend to over react but I have good reason lol
    Hiya, yeah I'm looking forward to it, it will be an exciting challenge. It's frustrating when the routes get all mixed up I really hope you can get it sorted to ease the pressure. As for the reading list there's quite a few books I have ordered three so far which came to about £35, I recommend you shop at Amazon or look on e-Bay for used books. I know the Beginning teaching: Beginning learning in primary education is on e-Bay for £3 used inc packaging!

Once again I hope you can get your problem sorted out

ReputationRep:
    Hi Holly)

I'm not on your course, I'm studying Genetics and I'm from Telford. I'm trying to learn to drive at the moment as I hate public transport, hoping to pass before uni but we shall see!

As far as I'm aware the road works should be finished by the end of the holidays, which should make things easier

But I see your issue as the buses from Broseley to town could be quite difficult:/ I'm Woodside so the 44 is just a ten min journey to town. Although if the roadworks on the ep are not finished this could be a nightmare, coupled with getting my daughter to school.

I need to start looking at that timetable, I know a few Telford students going who I'm sure will be in the same situation, including me)

I can't see the reading list for my course yet(

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dgwolf)
    Hiya, yeah I'm looking forward to it, it will be an exciting challenge. It's frustrating when the routes get all mixed up I really hope you can get it sorted to ease the pressure. As for the reading list there's quite a few books I have ordered three so far which came to about £35, I recommend you shop at Amazon or look on e-Bay for used books. I know the Beginning teaching: Beginning learning in primary education is on e-Bay for £3 used inc packaging!

Once again I hope you can get your problem sorted out
    ah thankyou, I think ive bagged a lift to wolvo in the morns and can get the shuttle from there. so i'm a little calmer now especially as this means it will cost me less which is great news for my kids (don't want them to go without) and hopefully will be able to make some of the early lectures now. I ordered five books at waterstones and they came to over £100. they were bought as a present for me so when they come I will look on ebay for some others, thanks, that's really cheap!! The national curriculum is proving difficult, theres lots of different links to it so i'm tempted to just buy the book then it's all in one place!

ReputationRep:
    ah thankyou, I think ive bagged a lift to wolvo in the morns and can get the shuttle from there. so i'm a little calmer now especially as this means it will cost me less which is great news for my kids (don't want them to go without) and hopefully will be able to make some of the early lectures now. I ordered five books at waterstones and they came to over £100. they were bought as a present for me so when they come I will look on ebay for some others, thanks, that's really cheap!! The national curriculum is proving difficult, theres lots of different links to it so i'm tempted to just buy the book then it's all in one place!
    I'm glad u have sorted it out, one less thing to worry about. I would strongly recommend you buy the books from Amazon or e-Bay used besides they're still good condiion, if not excellent, and quite a lot cheaper. I didn't realise there were books on the national curriculum, what are they called?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditsy)
    Hi Holly)

I'm not on your course, I'm studying Genetics and I'm from Telford. I'm trying to learn to drive at the moment as I hate public transport, hoping to pass before uni but we shall see!

As far as I'm aware the road works should be finished by the end of the holidays, which should make things easier

But I see your issue as the buses from Broseley to town could be quite difficult:/ I'm Woodside so the 44 is just a ten min journey to town. Although if the roadworks on the ep are not finished this could be a nightmare, coupled with getting my daughter to school.

I need to start looking at that timetable, I know a few Telford students going who I'm sure will be in the same situation, including me)

I can't see the reading list for my course yet(

Posted from TSR Mobile
    hi , im sorry I didn't see ur reply earlier. roadworks r a pain in the bum!!! I was told the ones from bridgnorth are due to finish in October! yes ive got my kids to think about too so its all a bit of a mess atm just another stress but im sure that that is one thing easily sorted because kids come first!! the timetable for the shuttle isn't online yet but ive got the old one so im assuming it wont b too different from that really:confused:. I hope theres a fair few on the shuttle as it would worry me else lol hate waiting at empty bus stops. I cant access my reading list online but I got a welcome pack with a booklet called hit the course running which has a ton of websites and books relevant to the course! Ur bound to get a pack soon! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dgwolf)
    I'm glad u have sorted it out, one less thing to worry about. I would strongly recommend you buy the books from Amazon or e-Bay used besides they're still good condiion, if not excellent, and quite a lot cheaper. I didn't realise there were books on the national curriculum, what are they called?
    the national curriculum, the handbook for primary teacher key stage 1-2. it is the best book I have found though it seems to be selling out quick so I might have to make do with all the links on the websites now... grr lol. theres also the national curriculum in England , its on amazon so if u search it u can c what it looks like then perhaps search it elsewhere to see if u can find it cheaper!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.