The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2040
Original post by Cephalosporin
Did you by any chance apply to the 4 year GEP? (Your interview format would've been the MMI) I know friends of mine who applied to the GEP and they also had their interview on Jan the 6th or the 5th. I applied to the undergraduate course because I didn't think I'd cut it for A101 (and I think I am quite right XP)

I applied to both 4 and 5 year programs. I remember asking admissions and they said the gep interview would count for both programs too. Man MMI was a bit hard hahah. I think you would've made the cut though, I mean I thought I wouldn't have and the admissions officer gave us quite a motivating speech after we finished the interviews. Something about 1500-1600 applicants which they narrowed down to 168 to interview for 28 grad spots (eek).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2041
Original post by lovelycup7
No I haven't got that message! Have you had your interview already?
I did see it mentioned on the interview invitation letter, so I do plan on scanning them in before my interview. :smile:

Yep had mine in December. Got the email today asking for the AS certificates. I'm going to speak to my exams officer to get them :smile:
Original post by sabzm96
Yep had mine in December. Got the email today asking for the AS certificates. I'm going to speak to my exams officer to get them :smile:

Ooh that's exciting! Hope it all went well and good luck!! :biggrin:
Original post by futuremed123
Hey guys, i got 3A, 11Bs, 4Cs for GCSEs and i am now studying bio, chem, geo, ICT at AS.

I know my GCSEs are terrible but in my school, only 4 people got 1+ A*.

If i was to get 4 As at AS and then A*AA at A2 paired with a UKCAT of about 700-750. I also am currently working in a Pharmacy, will go to Pakistan to do some work experience in a hospital and also take part in a building houses in villages project, i will be undertaking a placement in a care home every week, DOFE bronze etc...

If i can do this, will i stand a chance at KCL if not, any Medical School in the UK?

Thanks Guys

I cannot say for sure but maybe some others on this thread can help? But I would have thought that a UKCAT of 700 may be a bit tight, if you were to get 750+ maybe but if you were to get near 800 I think you may have a good chance due to their sliding scale. It is difficult to say really but there is always a chance! Particularly if you have really good predicted grades too. I would have thought you have chances at other med schools though! Especially places like HYMS where if your UKCAT is good enough your GCSEs won't even get looked at! And unis will certainly look at what your school is like so I would say work hard this year and it is probably possible!
Reply 2044
Original post by lovelycup7
Ooh that's exciting! Hope it all went well and good luck!! :biggrin:

Thanks. You too!
Original post by Δεφιαντ1
Kinda - I've also applied to kings for biomed, which uses the same portal. The biomed admin asked for my certificates, so i uploaded them and at my interview said i'd uploaded my certificates, but apparrently the medicine team cant look at my other application so needed them sent again. Probably why its taking so long :P

We're in the exact same situation haha. I also applied to King's for biomedical sciences and got an offer for that and had to upload my certificates.

I'm so happy I got the interview for medicine (although bit later than you). Really nervous about it :tongue:
Original post by DonGreeky
Wow! Congrats! I had mine on Dec 10th, still waiting, getting more and more impatient!

Thanks :smile: I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! I was full on ready to have a breakdown yesterday haha the wait is definitely a killer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2047
Still haven't heard a reply guys - regarding an interview.. anyone else?
Reply 2048
Got an interview invitation yesterday, do we need to upload our music/ drama/ dofe certificates or just our GCSE and A level ones onto the portal??
Original post by clover5
Got an interview invitation yesterday, do we need to upload our music/ drama/ dofe certificates or just our GCSE and A level ones onto the portal??

Was just about to ask the same thing!
Reply 2050
Has anyone who had an interview on 3rd December heard back from King's yet?
Reply 2051
any offers today guys??
Original post by clover5

I just uploaded GCSE, ASSET and AS certificates. Basically all the certificates I got through formal school exams. I did that all last month and they haven't asked for anything else, so I assume that's everything.
I haven't got AS certificates just the sheets with my scores on them...
Hi guys, my school is planning a trip in March and they want me to pay the expensive trip in the next week. This amount is not refundable. I still did not hear anything from kings... What do you suggest me to do??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fadytousa
Hi guys, my school is planning a trip in March and they want me to pay the expensive trip in the next week. This amount is not refundable. I still did not hear anything from kings... What do you suggest me to do??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Go on the trip if that's what you want to do! If King's offer you an interview and you can't make the time, they do offer the option to reschedule :smile:
Original post by Yolo_kevin
Thanks :smile: I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! I was full on ready to have a breakdown yesterday haha the wait is definitely a killer

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really is a killer! Good luck to you too, keep us posted! :biggrin:
Original post by starsdelight
Hi, also wanted to ask about my chances of getting into kings for medicine next year. Currently doing AS's. I got 8A*s, 2A's and a B at GCSE which was the highest in my school as I studied at quite a low and under average high school! What are my chances of getting into a Russell group uni?

Many thanks! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got similar GCSEs and I have an interview so based on GCSEs alone you'll be fine :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2058
We wont hear anything in the weekend right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nana96
We wont hear anything in the weekend right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Even if I say we won't , it won't stop you from obsessively checking the portal :tongue:.

But no we shouldn't

Quick Reply

Latest