The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by vee_19
You can definitely apply for the extended medical degree program that kings has. It's only for students who had taken their GCSE's at a non selective school. They have a list of eligible schools from which students can apply from. Offers are AAA-BBB I think? You won't need all this A* business. Look it up on UCAS.
Hope that helps :smile:

I have had a look at their 6 year course but that says that you should have not attended a selective sixth form and not school. I currently do attend a selective sixth form.

Are you sure about the selective school thing?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by futuremed123
I have had a look at their 6 year course but that says that you should have not attended a selective sixth form and not school. I currently do attend a selective sixth form.

Are you sure about the selective school thing?

School and sixth form mean the same thing :P You need be at one of these: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/medicine/study/ug/mbbs/2014-EMDP-schools-list.pdf

If not, EDMP isn't an option. Don't bother with A100, you would be doubtful in getting an interview even with 900 on the UKCAT. Try other medical schools which don't place emphasis on GCSEs. If your school performs below average some unis will take that into account.
Reply 2102
Yes I've received an offer!
Reply 2103
Original post by oyyoyy

Congratulations!! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pkozman
Sort of regret rescheduling my interview, not that I had a choice. But apparently it could be a few weeks before I'm given another date. Damn it.

I may have to reschedule mine too :/ so do you mean they didn't even give you another date , they just said we will give you a date in a few weeks? Also can I ask when you told them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2105
Original post by oyyoyy

omg congrats! when did you receive it and how did you feel the interview went

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2106
Original post by cocochannel1
I may have to reschedule mine too :/ so do you mean they didn't even give you another date , they just said we will give you a date in a few weeks? Also can I ask when you told them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

"Thank you for responding to our invitation and requesting that your interview be rescheduled.**We will make every attempt to re-schedule your interview, but it may take a few weeks to find an alternative date.**When a new time has been identified details of the rescheduled interview will appear on the ‘Interview invitation’ page."

I received the invitation on Thursday and rescheduled the same day.
Original post by pkozman
"Thank you for responding to our invitation and requesting that your interview be rescheduled.**We will make every attempt to re-schedule your interview, but it may take a few weeks to find an alternative date.**When a new time has been identified details of the rescheduled interview will appear on the ‘Interview invitation’ page."

I received the invitation on Thursday and rescheduled the same day.

Oh wow I assumed they would just give you another date the next week or something :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2108
Original post by cocochannel1
Oh wow I assumed they would just give you another date the next week or something :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha ya it's a bit frustrating that they aren't so accommodating of reschedules. If they're going to give an international applicant less than three weeks notice for an interview atleast give me a choice of two days.

But I can't really blame them
Original post by lulib
Hi there!
I'm a predicted 100/100 at the Esame do Stato. Are you applying for A100? I guess you're a gap year! I think you're still considered an EU applicant. Congratulations for your interview :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

yep a100

last year they made some stories aause i didnt have predicted grades for the individual subjects (i was predicted 98/100)...this year with grades achieved it has probably be easier

as long as your ukcat is good you will definitely get called soon

Posted from TSR Mobile
What is the "ethical scenario"? Like do you get a scenario and write an essay or is the essay something different?
Reply 2111
Original post by kolatytler
yep a100

last year they made some stories aause i didnt have predicted grades for the individual subjects (i was predicted 98/100)...this year with grades achieved it has probably be easier

as long as your ukcat is good you will definitely get called soon

Posted from TSR Mobile

They asked me to send all my predicted grades, the ones of access to the diploma, did they asked you this as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2112
Im an international student, and i havent heard anything from kings for an interview, im starting to get worried, as people are getting offers already! :s-smilie:
Reply 2113
Any international students received offer or invited for interview?
My invitation doesn't say essay, it says questionnaire. So confused :-(
Reply 2115
Woohoo, I got an offer last night! Home applicant interviewed on 09/12.
Original post by GCSE-help

I was thinking this too! Don't understand the discrepancy
Original post by GCSE-help

I had my interview last month, and we had an essay. Apparently someone leaked the question though, so maybe that's why it it says it's a questionnaire? Seems a bit odd though, giving some people an essay and others a questionnaire. You could email them or send them a message through your portal and ask? Good luck with the interview :smile:
Original post by LoonyLuna
I had my interview last month, and we had an essay. Apparently someone leaked the question though, so maybe that's why it it says it's a questionnaire? Seems a bit odd though, giving some people an essay and others a questionnaire. You could email them or send them a message through your portal and ask? Good luck with the interview :smile:

What is the difference between the essay and the ethical scenario people were talking about? Or is the essay based on the ethical scenario?
Reply 2119
Original post by LoonyLuna

hmm I don't think that's right! They had several essay questions not just one! I think its just a mistake in sending the updated version with the interview invite!

Quick Reply