The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Original post by pkozman
Haha I kid you not. It varies from year to year, for 2013 entry there were 552 applicants, and 44 offers were sent out. However you need to keep in mind that all our qualifications, ukcat scores, etc, will play a smaller role if we get to interview stage. All I'm hoping for is an interview!

If you don't mind me asking, where are you applying from? :smile:

Any idea on applicants to interviews ratio? I'm int. too.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 281
Original post by Scoopy

I can't say I know the exact number, but off the website: "For A100, approximately 30 per cent of applicants are invited to interview after the initial screening of UCAS applications."

Unfortunately I'm not sure if this figure applies to international applications as well.
Original post by Scoopy

Usually, the interview to offer ratio is 2:1 but I have no idea of this is true for international students.

KCL interviews on a rolling basis. Maybe they'll stop interviewing after they've filled their however many places? Also, they have 30 places but they should give out more offers than that!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 283
I received the notification email from UCAS saying there is a change in my track status
but when I checked my track nothing has changed
Has anyone experienced the this problem?
Original post by chertyyy
I received the notification email from UCAS saying there is a change in my track status
but when I checked my track nothing has changed
Has anyone experienced the this problem?

Definitely call up UCAS to find out what's going on.
Hey I was just wondering a few things I have applied to kings and I was just wondering if tthere was a specific date that UKCAT scores come out or whether it's just early november? :?

Also I got a really really good UKCAT score but my AS-Levels and A-Levels may not be good enough :L do you think there would be any chance they might make an exception?
Reply 286
Original post by Harryrossspencer
Hey I was just wondering a few things I have applied to kings and I was just wondering if tthere was a specific date that UKCAT scores come out or whether it's just early november? :?

Also I got a really really good UKCAT score but my AS-Levels and A-Levels may not be good enough :L do you think there would be any chance they might make an exception?

UKCAT scores will be sent to the universities by the end of this week. This question has been answered above and verified with the official UKCAT twitter feed!

It should be able to get you an interview since King's selection criteria is quite UKCAT heavy. I'm in the opposite situation - really good IB score but UKCAT score may not be up to scratch :/
hi guys!

i know that there's a sliding scale and no cutoffs for ukcat. but does anyone have a rough estimate/ballpark of what's good enough for interview?
Original post by franngu
UKCAT scores will be sent to the universities by the end of this week. This question has been answered above and verified with the official UKCAT twitter feed!

It should be able to get you an interview since King's selection criteria is quite UKCAT heavy. I'm in the opposite situation - really good IB score but UKCAT score may not be up to scratch :/

So no date just people should be getting interviews from the end of this week onwards... That's not too bad :smile:
Reply 290
Hi all,

So I've got 6A*2As at gcse, A*AADbb at A'Levels (achieved with D in gen studies) and 760 and band 3 in ukcat. I think 760 is quite good but I'm not sure if my GCSEs and band 3 in sjt are good enough to get me an interview at kings. Any ideas if kings give any weightage to sjt??
Checking my mails every single hour to see if theres anything from any unis but all I've got is acknowledgement emails... and now I just read that they get ukcat results at the end of this week... why cant time go any faster???
Reply 291
Original post by Roobs7
Hi all,

So I've got 6A*2As at gcse, A*AADbb at A'Levels (achieved with D in gen studies) and 760 and band 3 in ukcat. I think 760 is quite good but I'm not sure if my GCSEs and band 3 in sjt are good enough to get me an interview at kings. Any ideas if kings give any weightage to sjt??
Checking my mails every single hour to see if theres anything from any unis but all I've got is acknowledgement emails... and now I just read that they get ukcat results at the end of this week... why cant time go any faster???

You will be fine probs. Doubt they use SJ because it's first year; the uni's can't compare what the SJ results mean in an applicant, so they have no idea if the score is valuable. How did you do so badly in that action though lol?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by x_ANT
Hi guys, I'm just going into 2nd year doing medicine at King's. If you've got any questions about applying or the course, feel free to ask.

When was your interview? do you know when most candidates should expect an interview? and also, how long before the interview did they tell you that you had an interview?
Reply 293
Original post by nindeappan
When was your interview? do you know when most candidates should expect an interview? and also, how long before the interview did they tell you that you had an interview?

I had one last year... Got given about 2 weeks notice, and had it early December.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 294
Original post by Hugby1
You will be fine probs. Doubt they use SJ because it's first year; the uni's can't compare what the SJ results mean in an applicant, so they have no idea if the score is valuable. How did you do so badly in that action though lol?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe because I over-thought stuff.. I just hope it doesn't cost me an interview at Kings or Cardiff..
Reply 295
UKCAT ARRIVES TODAY!!!!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 296
Original post by Hugby1

Posted from TSR Mobile

How do you know this?
Original post by Hugby1

Posted from TSR Mobile

They arrived on Monday.....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by callummj6747
They arrived on Monday.....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ukcat wrote a tweet yesterday saying they hadn't been sent yet. They said it'd be during the week starting Monday 4th, not actually on the Monday

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Flobie
Ukcat wrote a tweet yesterday saying they hadn't been sent yet. They said it'd be during the week starting Monday 4th, not actually on the Monday

Posted from TSR Mobile

Great, I'd imagine they take time to process as well, may not even be till next week!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest