The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AnnieLondon
Offer just came through last night, AAA, can't wait to go to kings :smile: interview was on 20 jan and I really didn't think it went well at the time, so for those still waiting, hang in there!

Well done! What made you think your interview didn't go well?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
is it normal if i am still waiting for an interview?
Original post by someone16

Well, even i have the same question to ask, another day with no news from them. How horrible i feel. :s-smilie:
Reply 3363

What are your stats? You post a lot but always avoid answering this question, and I can only assume you don't have the highest stats. Not trying to be mean, but I have a feeling you shouldn't be hoping too much foran interview
How long has it taken for people to hear back, on average? I'm hearing that a select few hear back after a week, most hear back within 2 weeks and some have waited for 2 months? I had mine on 29th Jan and i wanna know when they're likely to get back to me, cos i just can't focus on studying or doing homework right now until i get some kind of offer from somewhere. Anyone else feel like this?
Original post by pkozman
What are your stats? You post a lot but always avoid answering this question, and I can only assume you don't have the highest stats. Not trying to be mean, but I have a feeling you shouldn't be hoping too much foran interview

i don't avoid this question .. its just that the system of education in my country is very different from that of yours so you won't really understand my stats!

do you have an interview?
(edited 10 years ago)
i don't avoid this question .. its just that the system of education in my country is very different from that of yours so you won't really understand my stats!

what was your ukcat though? everyone has to take that
Reply 3367

In that case I apologize, but may I ask what your UKCAT is?

And yes I'm international and received my interview invite the second week of January.
Reply 3368
Original post by alicia2908
How long has it taken for people to hear back, on average? I'm hearing that a select few hear back after a week, most hear back within 2 weeks and some have waited for 2 months? I had mine on 29th Jan and i wanna know when they're likely to get back to me, cos i just can't focus on studying or doing homework right now until i get some kind of offer from somewhere. Anyone else feel like this?

What? The 29th! Not being funny but thats just a couple of days ago. If you were aaammmmaaaazingly great you might hear pretty soon otherwise join the cue with us poor desperate souls waiting for an answer and unsure what the future holds:smile:

Good luck, hope we all hear soon:biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by 0612
What? The 29th! Not being funny but thats just a couple of days ago. If you were aaammmmaaaazingly great you might hear pretty soon otherwise join the cue with us poor desperate souls waiting for an answer and unsure what the future holds:smile:

Good luck, hope we all hear soon:biggrin:

:/ how long have you been waiting? we will hear soon. i'm sure kings is almost done with their interviews?
Reply 3370
:/ how long have you been waiting? we will hear soon. i'm sure kings is almost done with their interviews?

I thought interviews go until march? Mine's feb 25
Original post by veriluxe
I thought interviews go until march? Mine's feb 25

urgh you are kidding me. That means we're probably going to have to wait for ages to hear from them :frown:
Reply 3372
urgh you are kidding me. That means we're probably going to have to wait for ages to hear from them :frown:

When was yours? We may be in separate batches so you can hear back earlier if you made their initial cut?
Original post by veriluxe
When was yours? We may be in separate batches so you can hear back earlier if you made their initial cut?

29th jan. just a few days ago haha. you?
Reply 3374
Original post by 0612
Hey mate I'm really sorry about your rejection:frown: Hope your other applications are going well.

Cheers. I knew it hadn't gone well straight after! Had 2 interviews and got another coming up in the coming weeks. Still no news from my final choice! How's your application going?
Reply 3375
Hello everyone, just joined TSR!! :smile:
Firstly Congratulations on everyone that has gotten an interview/ offer so far!! as for those who have not heard back then just hang in there!
I have an interview on tuesday at 12. Eeeek. any tips?
Original post by Tuni530
Hello everyone, just joined TSR!! :smile:
Firstly Congratulations on everyone that has gotten an interview/ offer so far!! as for those who have not heard back then just hang in there!
I have an interview on tuesday at 12. Eeeek. any tips?

Welcome to the TSR :smile:Always nice to have new people:biggrin:

I had my interview 16th January and it all went quite well if I'm honest just have to wait and see what they thought about me though.:smile:

Make sure you're early for the preliminary tasks. Make sure you smile, look confident, walk confident and talk confident. If you have interviewers like the two lovely ladies I had you should be alright. You are allowed to take a moment to gather your thoughts before answering and always keep focused on the question saves you waffling or completely going of the subject.

Good luck and let us know how you get on:smile:
Original post by pkozman
In that case I apologize, but may I ask what your UKCAT is?

And yes I'm international and received my interview invite the second week of January.

Apologies accepted! my UKCAT is 688 ( not so high i knw .. i hope my academics cover for this)

well congrats and good luck for your interview! where are you from?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3378
Yay!!! Finally got that offer! Just over three weeks wait but boy was it worth it! Hang in there everyone, replies will come when you least expect it.
Reply 3379
Original post by MS Miz
Yay!!! Finally got that offer! Just over three weeks wait but boy was it worth it! Hang in there everyone, replies will come when you least expect it.

You got it today? But it's the weekend? :O

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest